Razr battery suddenly won't last longer than 6 hours

aquaticempress

Reaction score
After the latest update (about 2 weeks ago) my 3 month old Razr won't last longer than 6 hours on a full charge. This is 6 hours with minimal use...a few texts, checking email...stuff like that. I went to Verizon and they did a factory reset, but that made no difference. My phone is stock and I have very few apps installed. Previous to the update my phone would go 12+ hours and still have 40-50%. Verizon has offered a "refurb", and I don't want that. I got this phone just before Christmas and paid $300. I don't think I should have to get someone elses reject phone as a replacement.

So...my question is, is anyone else having the same experience? Does anyone have any suggestions, other than the refurb? Is it possible that the battery has gone bad?

yaterml

Reaction score
Yes, the biggest three things draining my battery are evbridge, suspend, and the android OS itself.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

huskur

Reaction score
Do you have any battery monitoring apps on your phone? Also check the your running apps. Something is draining the battery.

The D4 had the same issue for me. If i can't go from when i wake up in the morning until i go to bed at night without charging i don't want the phone. Looking for power all the time sucks.

OP
A

aquaticempress

Reaction score
Verizon guy put ZDbox on my phone so I can use task killer. I have battery widget and it says display is using 60% of battery. I am at work and rarely use my phone during the day. I had not installed any new apps prior to the battery taking a poo. Also, I am in a 3G only area and set my phone for only 3G...so that is not an issue

yaterml

Reaction score
I understand

I understand, I am having that exact same issue. The evbridge and suspend processes are related to use of the Webtop App i.e. a Lapdock or HD Station Car Dock. The Android OS just started recently for me. If you restart the phone after using your dock it will help to minimize the drain on the battery via the evbridge and suspend processes. As for the OS I don't have a clue but I hope the ICS update will fix these issues for my RAZR MAXX

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I suspect the meter is reporting remaining power incorrectly. I suggest if you haven't done so, to power off the phone and do a full saturation charge to 100% with power off. Then use until it warns of low battery (15%), then charge with power off again. There is no reason why a phone that is just sitting should go through a full battery in 6 hours, so I suspect the metering is out of kilter with the actual battery capacity and the routine above will put things back in order.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with voice to text translation. Please excuse minor spelling/grammar/punctuation errors.

OP
A

aquaticempress

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I tried this a week or two ago and there was no change, but gave it a shot again last night. We will see how the day goes. I did another factory reset yesterday afternoon and have not added a single app to my phone. I will monitor it for the next couple of days and see what happens.

Natey2

Reaction score
Battery... isn't that why they released a RAZR MAXX? My contract is almost up for renewal, and I'm considering the MAXX, unless something more appealing comes up.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

OP
A

aquaticempress

Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestion. I have done this several times and there has been no difference in my battery performance. Any other thoughts?

OP
A

aquaticempress

Reaction score
Natey2, the things that is really puzzling me is that this issue literally happened overnight. I had 10 weeks of no issues at all, and then after the last update and the market changing to the play store my battery went to crap...

R3Ds

Developer
Reaction score
Website
r3dsthemes.com
Natey2, the things that is really puzzling me is that this issue literally happened overnight. I had 10 weeks of no issues at all, and then after the last update and the market changing to the play store my battery went to crap...

Revert to 6.11, maybe is latest update.

R3Ds Themes

Reaction score
The evbridge (the second poster mentioned) that is draining your battery is associated with the lapdock. My phone used to do that too. For sine resin after removing it from the lapdock, that program is still running and draining the battery. You have to restart the phone and the evbridge will stop.

As for the op, lately my battery had also been topping out at 6 hours so I downloaded battery calibration from the market, did a full charge, ran the calibration app and now I am at 10 hours with 70% battery.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

Last edited:

yaterml

Reaction score
Same Issue Here

Yes, the biggest three things draining my battery are evbridge, suspend, and the android OS itself.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

I have the exact same issue. I am trying the Motorola workaround for the EVbridge
Go to Setting>Date & Time
Disable Automatic
Change your time zone to something other than your actual zone
Restart your phone
Change it back to the correct time zone
DO NOT RE-ENABLE AUTOMATIC

OP
A

aquaticempress

Reaction score
I have the exact same issue. I am trying the Motorola workaround for the EVbridge
Go to Setting>Date & Time
Disable Automatic
Change your time zone to something other than your actual zone
Restart your phone
Change it back to the correct time zone
DO NOT RE-ENABLE AUTOMATIC

Thanks. I will give it a try.

davoIII

Reaction score
Ive noticed the same thing, I was just doing testing with set spu making my battery (in 3G) last me @ least 2 days with moderate use. Now doesn't last but 3/4 of the day! I haven't used my dock much & allways restart the phone after words. I even let it die then chraged to full to see if that would help, o & ran add free. Ive basically gotren it to last a day meow but I miss that other day! :/

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums