Razr battery life help

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
Yup turning off the 4g when you don't need the speed will save you a lot of battery. I am already going on 30hrs with moderate use. Texting, surfing the web on wifi. Until Verizon fixes the 4g dropouts I don't mind keeping my phone on 3g.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

DancingRAZR

Reaction score
I leave screen at max. Leave 4g on and it cycles between 3g/4g. After 8 hour shift it has 50 percent left

Sent from my OG DROID RAZR using DroidForums

techgov8

Reaction score
Yea I used to keep it on all the time no matter what cause you have to have it in for some smart actions to work. And I have my wifi at my house but I understand what you are saying about the sleep policy but yea then it has to reconnect each time I turn my screen on which isn't instant and I'm too impatient for it haha. But since I have unlimited data I've been using the 4g way more. I have 3 gigs and its 9 days into my billing cycle. And that's with no tethering yet this month. I do use the widget. I've been using switchpro since my OG droid and droid x. Thanks guys. Maybe ill try out the sleep policy and check battery life

Last edited:

Zamboniguy420

Reaction score
Try to use a dark (black) colored wallpaper. Get juice defender app and use the switches properly.

Sent from my DroidX using DroidForums

kool_zero

Reaction score
Everyone keeps saying to turn 4g off and only use 3g unless needed... is there a toggle somewhere or a way to create one?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Everyone keeps saying to turn 4g off and only use 3g unless needed... is there a toggle somewhere or a way to create one?
There is a 3g/4g toggle in the Market but it doesn't work for LTE (Verizon). Someone will develop one soon...I hope.

Zandar

Reaction score

Arodnum1

Reaction score

Download 3g widget, widget it on one of your screens and when you hit it iy takes you to your network screen, change from CDMA/lte to CDMA only

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums