RAZR As VPN?

IceAngel8381

Reaction score
I know the it can be used as a VPN, but I have no idea how to set it up. I just got a Kindle Fire and I can't connect to the wireless at work so I thought the phone may work. Anyone tried it?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I know the it can be used as a VPN, but I have no idea how to set it up. I just got a Kindle Fire and I can't connect to the wireless at work so I thought the phone may work. Anyone tried it?

You have two choices. You can pay the $30/month extra to Verizon and activate wireless tether...or you can root the phone (search for root RAZR) and then get the free tether app for rooted phones from the market.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
IceAngel8381

IceAngel8381

Reaction score
Damn. I would love to root my phone, but I don't want to screw it up.

Deron

Reaction score
I can Bluetooth tether my Razr to an iPad2, for no additional costs. Bluetooth tethering comes with the phone already. Does the Kindle Fire have a Bluetooth radio?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I can Bluetooth tether my Razr to an iPad2, for no additional costs. Bluetooth tethering comes with the phone already. Does the Kindle Fire have a Bluetooth radio?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Certainly a viable alternative, and one I hadn't considered. Great suggestion. Unfortunately even though the Fire had the necessary hardware chip to support Bluetooth, Amazon chose not to support it. There had been discussion about modification of the code to hopefully infuse this support but I know of no successful implementation of this support. (**edited)

Last edited:

Icyhot1966

Reaction score
From what I've heard, you will only get 3G speeds via BT. It's not capable of 4G speeds.

Michael33

Reaction score
Maybe not the happiest solution, but it works. You'll need to have a VPN capable router and a VPN account. To read more, point your browser here: Kindle Fire using VPN.

It's working great for me :icon_ banana:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Maybe not the happiest solution, but it works. You'll need to have a VPN capable router and a VPN account. To read more, point your browser here: Kindle Fire using VPN.

It's working great for me :icon_ banana:

Totally cool! Great support, Michael!