RAZR/Android ringtones

fekish

Reaction score
Hello,
Is there somewhere that we could download some more professional ringtones?
The only one i quite like is the Digital noise. I think iPhone has nicer choices for ringtones. Android doesn't have a ringtone that would identify it from all others...

Sent from my Moto RAZR

OP
F

fekish

Reaction score
Find any mp3, assign as ringtone. Done.

You have to be kidding me right? :)
I was asking for specific ringtones for phones, similar to what iPhone has

Sent from my Moto RAZR

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
fekish said:
You have to be kidding me right? :)
I was asking for specific ringtones for phones, similar to what iPhone has

Sent from my Moto RAZR

No. He's not kidding. Unlike iphone, you have as many choices as you have mp3's.
Download any of the apps that trim music down to size. I use ringtone maker. Use this to edit any mp3 and turn it into a ringtone. This app allows you to use portions of the song.
Or you can always get an app such as zedge. It has tons of ringtones available for free download.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The ringtones that your referring to are hardly used. Most people find something that fits their taste, download it, and make that their ringtone. But as far as not identifying the phone??

Not so, each of the droids that I own have similar ringtones on them. But they also have ringtones that are unique to that model at the time of their release. Sometimes those ringtones are incorporated into the next generation device. But they start out unique to a specific device.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
94lt1 said:
The ringtones that your referring to are hardly used. Most people find something that fits their taste, download it, and make that their ringtone. But as far as not identifying the phone??

Not so, each of the droids that I own have similar ringtones on them. But they also have ringtones that are unique to that model at the time of their release. Sometimes those ringtones are incorporated into the next generation device. But they start out unique to a specific device.

For specific to the phone.....
Go to your pc, record a .wav file saying "I own a razr, all you got is a iphone, sucks to be you", convert to mp3, install as I posted above, enjoy. For "professional" appeal, get the guy who plays "the most interesting man in the world" to record it for you. :) :) :)

OP
F

fekish

Reaction score
I am using mp3 since 2002 for ringtones, so yes i know how to use it.
I somehow knew what answers i was going to have from everyone :)

Do we honestly have ringtones that someone could assign to have all day at work or at meetings? I find it a bit frustrating to transfer ringtones from my previous phone, and in end use the iPhone ringtone.
Unfortunately no alternatives for the purpose needed...

Sent from my Moto RAZR

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Fekish. Sorry I sounded smart-alecky. Just having fun.
So.... as I read your latest post it seems that your question is about assigning specific ringtones for specific events (meetings), not contacts. Am I correct in assuming this?

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Just checked. Smart actions allows you to use specific ringtones for specific events. You can indeed use a ringtone for work, one for meetings, etc.

OP
F

fekish

Reaction score
Thanks man, yes this is what i am using :)
But there aren't so many ringtones on Android with just simple one tone let's say ring. They should have had some options for such ringtones.

Sent from my Moto RAZR

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Oh...a simple ring. Try zedge as I mentioned earlier. There are also several other apps for ringtones. You can also try googling "ring mp3" to see what pops up. Best of luck in your ringtone hunt!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I AM the most interesting man in the world... can't you tell??? Everything revolves around me.... when I'm really drunk and hanging on to the grass so I don't fall of the earth!!! :rofl2:

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
94lt1 said:
I AM the most interesting man in the world... can't you tell??? Everything revolves around me.... when I'm really drunk and hanging on to the grass so I don't fall of the earth!!! :rofl2:

LOL! :) Needed this good laugh after the day I've had today at the hospital. Thanks Lt!

Exalted911

Reaction score
Thanks man, yes this is what i am using :)
But there aren't so many ringtones on Android with just simple one tone let's say ring. They should have had some options for such ringtones.

Sent from my Moto RAZR
go to the market and download zedge. it has endless ringtones for you to chose from.