Razr 4G sucks!!!

ascreen06

Reaction score
Outrageous how horrid the service is. Razr is essentially a 3G phone. Ughhh!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

eddie7

Reaction score
It probably has more to do with the service in your area. Here in Phoenix, AZ the 4G in pretty solid. You will double your battery life by using it as a 3G device. :icon_ banana:

Androidatic

Reaction score
It seems to be hit or miss. I really have no 4G issues and from reading some other threads, it seems to be 50/50. The good news is that the new update coming fixes the 4G issues. Phandroid posted an article about it and the results from those that have it already have said that the Razr now connects better than any other 4G phone (their words, not mine).

OP
ascreen06

ascreen06

Reaction score
Here in North Charleston that sounds good Androidatic. Love the phone but this is frustrating.

Trash Can

Reaction score
It seems to be hit or miss. I really have no 4G issues and from reading some other threads, it seems to be 50/50. The good news is that the new update coming fixes the 4G issues. Phandroid posted an article about it and the results from those that have it already have said that the Razr now connects better than any other 4G phone (their words, not mine).

Wasn't the December update supposed to resolve these issues? I hope you're right, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Zamboniguy420

Reaction score
Fido doesn't even offer 4g here in Canada!

Sent from my XT910 using DroidForums

Dan_08

Reaction score
I'm thinking its not so much the 4g in the phone but the actual tower. I used to have problems too then one day no more problems finding a 4g signal. And yes i had problems after the update, but its good now.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's pretty fast in the Dallas/Plano area.

How far north of Dallas have you tested?
I still on fence of phone buying, but work in Allen , live far north near Sherman. Just curious

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

mcsoul

Reaction score
Wait a minute, I had joined the the wifi network at my doctors' office when I made those downloads in Plano, and I've been using wifi
around the house because i work from home. So let me scratch that, I have not tested 4g in Plano/Dallas. Sorry bud, I made a mistake.

Lars

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Outrageous how horrid the service is. Razr is essentially a 3G phone. Ughhh!!!

To each his own. When I have 4G service, the speeds are incredible. I have actually resorted to using 4G in certain rooms in my house (far from the wireless router) because it is so much faster and more reliable than my wifi. I get marginal at best wifi in my living room, and for the past month my Razr has provided the internet connection for streaming Netflix on my Xbox and playing Xbox live.

However, I will say that I have an issue with the inability of 4G and 3G to play nicely together (not Razr specific, just the network in general). When I am in an area with spotty 4G coverage, rather than simply switching to 3G, the connection will typically drop altogether and I am required to manually disable LTE. Fortunately this is rare because the greater Seattle area is well covered by 4G, but if there is anything to complain about, this would be it.

iguanad

Reaction score
I hear an update is on the way.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

down1plus2

Reaction score
It probably has more to do with the service in your area. Here in Phoenix, AZ the 4G in pretty solid. You will double your battery life by using it as a 3G device. :icon_ banana:

I disagree ,i work downtown Phoenix and my 4g sucks bad on my Droid Bionic. Whats crazy is I grt better 4g outside of Phoenix, i live in Goodyear AZ. The radio sucksc in Bionic and Razr so it seems.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Lars

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Does anyone know if 4G technology is more greatly impacted by physical structures?

I live in an older house with cement floors, and in the basement I can barely keep a 4G signal and 3G tends to be ok. This is beyond my technical prowess, but I know 4G is strong in my area, because as mentioned above, I get a very strong 4G signal outside the basement. Perhaps this is the cause for some of the issues people are having?