RAZR 4G Data Problems & Improve Battery Life Temp Fix - Quick Tip

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Nov 16, 2011.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

If you are one of the rare users that is experiencing data connection issues with your new Droid RAZR, we thought we'd share an idea with you that can temporarily mitigate the issue, and possible improve your battery life as well. Even though this little quick tip is really common sense, it is still useful if you haven't thought of it. Also, keep in mind that this is really just a temp fix until Verizon/Motorola works out a more permanent fix for the issue. Here's the tip:
    So, there you have it guys... a decent temp solution, until the issue gets a permanent fix. Obviously, it isn't perfect, because no-one wants to be without their 4G speeds permanently, but it could save you some hassle and frustration for a while. ;)
  2. tgyberg

tgyberg Well-Known Member

I'd like to get a check in the mail from Moto and VZW for beta testing their flaky phones and 4G network. Or at the very least some sort of thank you!
  3. srgolub

srgolub New Member

Surprising and disappointing that the RAZR has this issue considering the Bionic had (still has for most people) an identical issue which was fixed in the maintenance release they're about to push out (I have it installed and it works flawlessly now). Why they would launch a flagship device with a major flaw that they're obviously able to fix is a mystery.
  4. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

Well that sucks.

First time I've heard of the problem with the Razr, though considering the Bionic had these problems it doesn't surprise me.
  5. Chocula78

Chocula78 New Member

This fix doesn't help me

I have no connection at all on 3G. My 4g seems ok, wifi works, but my 3g connection is completely f'ed. I'm exchanging my phone tonight for new one.
  6. Sweettooth

Sweettooth New Member

This makes me a little skeptical about getting this phone, but it's not too late for the Nexus to come out and have problems either so we'll wait and see.
  7. Captmilk

Captmilk New Member

is it a file that you can post
  8. eshef

eshef Member

It's not a total fix. I've been on CDMA only from the start (Saturday) and still managed to drop data once. But that was the only time - that I know of ;). Other than that it's been great, and I haven't had a problem with battery life.
  9. srgolub

srgolub New Member

10. SquireSCA

SquireSCA Well-Known Member

This isn't a fix. If my Corvette keeps stalling, unplugging 6 of the 8 spark plug wires is not a solution.

One of the main reasons to get this phone is 4G. To disable that defeats the purpose. Why would you even consider accepting that as a "solution"??

Luckily, mine works fine, else it would be going back.
  11. vonfink13

vonfink13 New Member

i havent lost data connnection on my razr but i thought would be nice to be able to turn LTE on and off...tried it and the 3g never came up...i even powered down and back up...just regular bars..no 3g..switched it back and now i am back on lte..odd...
  12. dustinslee

dustinslee New Member

My razr holds data perfectly .... I did notice when I first activated the phone it wasn't acting right but I guess it was figuring everything out

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  13. Kasey

Kasey New Member

I'm feeling pretty fortunate. Both 3G and 4G work just fine on my Razr. I get pretty good battery life using JuiceDefender, easily getting through a day with moderate data and voice use. My company is addicted to Conference Calls and I'm a remote employee. I love my Razr.

:icon_ banana:
  14. TRIKOTRET

TRIKOTRET New Member

At least moto working on a fix quickly. When the thunderbolt came with all sorts of battery issues and reboots, took them a while. Thanks to our lovely developers who helped us with those issues :icon_ banana:
  15. vonfink13

vonfink13 New Member

i hear a lot of people talking about juice defender..i assume you guys recommend it..??..it makes a big difference..?
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  16. ToddClark

ToddClark New Member

David, you havent gotten Troy over here to do battle yet? LOL
  17. Abadus

Abadus New Member

Yeah this is no fix. That is like saying turn off your phone and you will not notice any data loss and your battery will last forever.

My bionic is on the 5.7 update and it still drops data occaionally. Odd because it was sitting right next to my wife's bone stock bionic and she had 4G just fine.

As far as juice defender it depends how much control you want. Your phone has battery and data saving modes that will make your battery last a lot longer. That being said on 3G only my phone has about 4-5X the battery life it does on 3G. We need a function to turn your phone to 3G when screen off and 4G with the screen on. It would just have to switch really fast so nobody would notice.
  18. Sydman

Sydman Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Same for me I had been on CMDA only since I got the phone for the very reason of having better battery life, and my phone has lost its connection completely three or more times today alone. So I wouldn't count on this being a saving grace till they pull a fix out of their arse.
  19. bullswife98

bullswife98 New Member

Question(?), what happens if say,you live in an area that is NOT a 4g lte area and all you have is 3g only and still getting a Razr? Will it still loose data connection? I live in such an area,and am getting this phone in the beginning of Dec. for us that don't have 4g lte yet does this mean no 4g phones for us?

SENT FROM MY OG DROID ROOTED AND SUPERCHARGED!
  20. SquireSCA

SquireSCA Well-Known Member

We both know that Troy is a die-hard Apple and AT&T fanatic. I don't think we will see him here. hehe

I would rather go build another tire wall at AMP than waste time arguing with him here. :)
Search tags for this page
4g fix razr

droid razr 4g fix

droid razr battery life fix

droid razr data problems
droid razr fix 4g
droid razr hd - 4g fix
fix 4g razr
how to fix 4g on android
how to fix droid razr 4g
how to fix razr hd temperture problem

motorola razr battery life fix