Razer Blade or Alienware

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yeah the new Razr is definitely looking very nice. I'm glad I held off on getting the original one. Cheaper and a lot more powerful, I can't even imagine the type of performance I'd notice from it. I'm still on the NVIDIA 460m and a first Gen i7 quad core at 1.87GHZ, I feel so ancient...
I'm on a dual-core and integrated graphics card, don't tell me about ancient. My school laptop is a netbook, Intel Atom with an upgraded SSD. Then again I don't play games.
This dual-core all-in-one has lasted me 6 years and still going strong:hail:

OP
rochaeliseo

rochaeliseo

Reaction score
Yeah so far the only problem I have is my hard drive... getting the impending failing message when booting, the laptop isn't even 2 years old yet and the drive is already failing...

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm new to this so please go easy on me. I'm looking to upgrade from my M15x to a 17" screen laptop and I'm stuck between the M17x or that new Razer Blade. I love the Razer Blades portability, weighs almost 5lbs lighter that my current laptop and its twice as thin. But Alienware has crazy power but is also weighty and bulky. Thanks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

The blade while awesome isn't that upgradeable, get an Asus G75 I've got a G74sx with 12gb ddr3 ram and I've nitty found a single thing it cannot do. I only paid 1400 at Fry's the comparable alienware was 200 more and you could change the led colors. Not really worth it.

The G75 is even more sleek than mine, a friend had it and its extremely nice

Here this should work for newegg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...escription=Asus g75&name=ASUS&Order=BESTMATCH

I waaaaaaay recommend Asus over alienware, not to mention Dell owns alienware so. Dude you're getting a Dell.

Sent from my frozenly delicious bionic.

OP
rochaeliseo

rochaeliseo

Reaction score
I'm sure it's nice, but I'm really looking for portability since I travel around a lot. Something thin, light and powerful. So now I'm debating on the New Razer Blade or the Retina MBP.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
rochaeliseo said:
I'm sure it's nice, but I'm really looking for portability since I travel around a lot. Something thin, light and powerful. So now I'm debating on the New Razer Blade or the Retina MBP.

The new rider blade is so cool, the touch screen for a touch pad will become common place I bet. If your going to use it as a work/all around computer keep in mind a lot of businesses programs use Mac if your going to have to have their software.
That's how I wound up with my M18R2, incompatible, to the guy that bought it,, to his business environment.