Razar died.. Long live the Droid!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by DrDiff, Feb 13, 2010.

1. DrDiff

DrDiff Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My beloved Star Trek Communicator died today.. [​IMG] Had to get a phone.. So no Nexus One for me. Got a Moto Droid!

2. ptfd13

ptfd13 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 7
    Welcome to the android platform. I'm sure you will find it much better than your everyday phone. This forum is a wealth of information and should be able to assist you with any questions you have. Enjoy your Droid!

3. DeeMat

DeeMat Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Welcome aboard. I had one of those and it would not die... so I gave it to my son!

4. choklitcow

choklitcow Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Definitely. I still have both of mine inactive sitting around the house. Little guys were a beast at the time with a couple of seem edits.

5. gdoane

gdoane Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I do like my Droid, but it's a bit of a power hog.

FEED ME BABY.

If I'm at home, it's in the dock. Eating.

If I'm in the car, it's plugged into the power port. Eating.

The main problem as I see it is the power consumption is a bit... unpredictable. Some days it's really sweet and doesn't even burn off the top of the battery display.

Other days... it gets hungry and blinks the red LED and says FEED ME!! FEED MEEEE!!!

I haven't figured this behavior out. It actually seems that the more I leave it alone and pay no attention to it, the more power the Droid burns. I can't explain it, it doesn't even make any sense but it's the difference between 4 hours to red blinky and never seeing red blinky.

6. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had my phone on for 9 hours today with some text messaging, some WiFi, some downloads, some phone calls, etc....still at over 50%

7. wkwaggoner

wkwaggoner Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    droid turbo 2
    ....SCOTTY?
    Welcome to the forum....it is a very "search" and answer place....you'll never feel like you don't belong....I've been here a month and I really can make phone calls, use HANDCENT to do all my txt-attach sound files-pictures....and while there is a issue with bluetooth, search for what I mean, i have learned to use this DROID quite well for someone who isn't a tech person....it has a learning curve....it comes quick however if you as questions or better still use search....it really is all here....who needs a manual, or a "friend who is a techo type"....now hit the sliders and beam to TAHITI!!!!

8. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Is this the problem you're having by chance?

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/tech-issues-bug-reports-suggestions/22708-bluetooth-problems.html

9. DrDiff

DrDiff Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I got the phone, music dock, car dock with case all at the same time

The music dock gives you a second charger for free!

10. gdoane

gdoane Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I got the world's cheapest car dock ever.

A car charger came with the Droid when I bought it at Costco for $199. It came with a USB cable, wall charger, car charger and belt holster.

I looked at the Droid, looked at the ashtray in my 2008 F-150 and said "NO WAY."

WAY. It fits in the F-150 Ashtray like it was made to go there.

Then I put a ten cent fridge magnet on the end of the cigarette lighter and it triggers "Car Home" mode whenever the Droid gets set into the F-150 ash tray.

A Droid Car Dock for under a dime. I'm such a cheap date.

11. sam5828

sam5828 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    LOL good find but mine was free i got the app to turn car and home dock on and it was FREE :icon_ banana:

12. wkwaggoner

wkwaggoner Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    droid turbo 2
    not at all....

....not being able to BT an outgoing call is a bit of a pain for me without physical contact of the phone, but for a person that uses the phone OTR constantly it has to be a real issue that needs a solution post haste....i've had to tell my clients about this and it has stopped them from getting the droid a lot of times which is too bad....they live on the phone in transit and that is the real world way it is....hope it gets solved very soon....this is my only "complaint" about this great phone....i live with it....