raylo92128

raylo92128

Reaction score
Hello, I am new Droid user. I have had my Droid since March. I have been searching this site looking for an answer for this problem My Motorola Driod is having an issue with the SD card. I have been to a Verizon store and it seemed that they were able to correct the issue, but now it is back. The phone after booting, either shows a message that the SD card is removed, or that the SD is blank. I have tried the solutions that others on this site have mentioned. So far those solutions have not corrected my situaiton. Does any one have any thoughts. My Droid is stock.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You may have already read this but: I had a similar issue with my sdcard. I put it in the computer and copied the contents to a file on the computer and then reformated the sdcard. One note, do not name the card when you format it. After formatting I put everything back on the sdcard and all has been well since.

OP
R

raylo92128

Reaction score
Thank you BayouFlyFisher,
I took a moment to see if there was any information. I as soon as I can I will try your suggestion. Thanks again.

OP
R

raylo92128

Reaction score
I was getting ready to try the suggestion that you posted, thanks btw, but I noticed an other thing happening. After removing the battery, holding the power switch for 15 seconds, removing the SD card, replacing the SD card, the battery and the cover, then powering up. In the notification bar, the message is 1st, removed SD card, replace...and then 2nd, the notification will announce that the SD card is blank or had unsupported files. So I thought I would pass this information on and see what you or others may think. Thanks