RAXR MAXX- cannot answer calls directly- help!

SEABIFF

Reaction score
Is there anything that can be done to address the problem of not being able to answer incoming calls on the actual phone? I've noticed for some time that it is nearly impossible to answer incoming calls - pressing the answer feature (green phone icon) just doesn't work - I usually have to scramble around for the blouetooth or call people back. This is not an issue of clean screen/hands {always oil-free and clean} - it is as if the feature blocks one out. Of course I can answer with a bluetooth but, I don't always wear one, nor is it convenient to, and frankly after awhile it hurts my ear, and more important one should not have to go without such a simple feature as answering a phone call - especially on such a sophisticated phone. I'm looking for a practical solution to resolve this problem and that I can apply should it ocurr again. Is replacement the only answer? If so, has anyone replaced a phone as a result of this and did it occur again on the replacement phone?

Last edited:

Chukee

Reaction score
Have u tried factory reset when the touchscreens works? I downloaded a free app game and i noticed that when i play it i lose touchscreen when i end the game. Have to pretty much restart the phone. If u done a factory reset and its still doing it i would have it exchanged. Also if u have screen protector remove and see if that resolves issue.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I had this issue too. I did a home screen reset in applications. It fixed it. You will have to setup your home screen from stock appearance though. Not hard. THIS FIXED MY PROBLEM, YOUR RESULTS MAY VARY.

sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

OP
S

SEABIFF

Reaction score
RAZR MAXX problem answering incoming calls - reply

Thnak you for your prompt response! Do you mean a reset using the power/voulme buttons or going into the apps and resetting to factory settings? Won't doing that erase alot of data, etc.? It sounds like based on what you said you've had to do this more than once.

OP
S

SEABIFF

Reaction score
resolving rzxr maxx not allowing incoming call answer

Thnak you for your prompt response and clarification of what steps to take to address the issue.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Thnak you for your prompt response and clarification of what steps to take to address the issue.

By simply resetting the home screen, you won't lose all of your apps. What you have seems like a lag. Go into settings, applications, select all, scroll down to home screen. Clear data.

Now you have to re-setup your home screen. All of your data and apps will still be there.

Hope this helps???

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Also.... if your screen starts to act odd, sometimes if you simply touch your power button to shut off the screen, then touch the power button and turn it back on... it sometimes alleviates issues

OP
S

SEABIFF

Reaction score
Trying solution for Unable to answer incoming calls

Thanks again for clarfying and answering my questions. Will try that now. It is important for people to have answers and solutions that they can apply as needed as well as to eliminate guessing. A previous user said something about m/b it is the avaialbilty of 4G, etc. this does not seem to be the issue - it occurs at optimum set up, 4G, 3G, late night, mid day, in city, in highly accessible buildings, at home (suburbia), driving, fresh charge, sleeping phone, VIP caller, clean screen/hands, rubber phone cover (body) no magnets around, thin clean screen cover that is so senstive it responds and starts other functions apps immediately, etc. By virtue that all other apps work perfectly it leads me to believe that such a basic function is a design issue that occurs in part when other apps are running, etc. The fact that a bluetooth works every time is indicative of something else going on.

OP
S

SEABIFF

Reaction score
factory resett to answer incoming calls

Am trying now don't see Select all or HOME as options - am I missing something?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Am trying now don't see Select all or HOME as options - am I missing something?

Sorry.... in APPLICATIONS, tap MANAGE APPLICATIONS , tap on ALL, then scroll down to HOME SCREEN, tap on CLEAR DATA.

Sorry I didn't see how new you were.

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Thank you!!! Hope u have a nice day - good deed done by you! (Karma!);)

Glad I could help. Pass it along if you find others with the same issue. Have a good day