Rattling from earpiece area

Zetsumei

Reaction score
Noticed this while I was playing a game that requires you to move/shake the phone. Only happens when you shake the forward to back not side to side. Rep at vzw store did take another brand new x2 and it produced the same noise. I wonder if this is just a new design or what can it be? Anyone else experience this? Note audio quality hasnt really been affected I feel, just had a fluke once so far with the audio being tinny/rattling. But after a reboot that issue went away and hasn't come back since. dancedroid

MistaWolfe

Reaction score
Noticed this while I was playing a game that requires you to move/shake the phone. Only happens when you shake the forward to back not side to side. Rep at vzw store did take another brand new x2 and it produced the same noise. I wonder if this is just a new design or what can it be? Anyone else experience this? Note audio quality hasnt really been affected I feel, just had a fluke once so far with the audio being tinny/rattling. But after a reboot that issue went away and hasn't come back since. dancedroid

I noticed it using TweetDeck, it definitely is there. I've heard others users mention it on forums as well. Strange indeed...

theguru1974

Reaction score
I have it too. I noticed it on phone calls. Turning the volume down low enough the rattling/buzzing sound is diminished. Kind of a disappointment.

Eric

brockeverly

Reaction score
This was a problem for me on the Droid X as well. Haven't really noticed it on my X2, however, I do not talk on the phone or really anything other than text.

Jason.DROID

Reaction score
It's the camera making the noise actually. I have the same 'issue.' Activate the camera and the noise stops.

See if yours does as well.

OP
Z

Zetsumei

Reaction score
It's the camera making the noise actually. I have the same 'issue.' Activate the camera and the noise stops.

See if yours does as well.

You da man! It indeed is the camera, but after you turn the camera off its back. But nice to know that it's not the earpiece, thank you.