Rate the Motorola Droid

Discussion in 'Droid Polls' started by danDroid, Nov 7, 2009.

1. MelWright

MelWright New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My Droid

I LOVE my new Droid!!! Just got it last night, and I have never had a smart phone before but my hubby has the BB storm, and I have played with it alot, and thought it was what I wanted until the droid came out. And I have no problem with it whatsoever, it's awesmoe.... so glad I didn't get a BB!!!

2. sir

sir Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I'm voting a 4. Don't get me wrong, everything that's functional about this phone is a 5. But the stuff that I'm missing (VPN for work being a big one) drops it down to a 4.5, so I had to go to a 4.

But I have faith that being open source, and Motorola, VZW, and Google all actively looking to squash bugs as they come up to make this phone a huge success, I can surely give it a 5 over time.

3. Leckert123

Leckert123 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Rating would have been a 3.5 but dropping to a 3. I'm waiting my full 30 days before rating it, and deciding whether or not to keep my iPhone. Here's why I have it as a 3 (my iPhone is either a 4 or a 2 depending on whether it just locked up when I received a phone call).

Significant Misses (vs iPhone)
    Bluetooth inoperative with visual voicemail
    Visual voicemail cannot operate while Wifi connection is established
    No native Notes/Memo application - and no way to sync downloaded apps to Outlook
    Email - cannot bcc oneself. Cannot assign signature
    Battery life is horrendous
    Browser has no forward button
    No integrated way to shut down or "X" out of applications (without using manual add-on app)
    Lacks ringer on/off button
    HTML pictures in email cannot be zoomed in or out -
    Physical keyboard present, but is mediocre at best.
    Inconsistent menus - Haptic feedback cannot be disabled on the phone keypad.

Major Pluses
    Sound quality really good both on calls and with streaming audio
    Fantastic screen resolution
    Has a physical keyboard
    Solid Bluetooth connection to my headsets and Zumo GPS
    Apps faster and easier to install than iPhone
    Good app selection and decent quality - Most apps I need have been available
    GPS Navigation and voice command is impressive (with car dock)
    Greater customization ability than iPhone.

Heck, maybe this list would be better suited for a features pro/con thread for the phone.

4. Leckert123

Leckert123 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh, the reason for the 3 instead of 3.5 is the horrendous lack of integration of visual voicemail. It's a separate app, not integrated into the phone menu, and doesn't work when on WiFi or when using a BlueTooth headset. Pathetic.

5. Sam

Sam Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    i waited all weekend to rate this. i wanted to give it a fair run before i put a number to it.. the best way i can describe my experience is as follows:
    i spend a LOT of time surfing the internet. it was frustrating (infuriating really) on my blackberry, so i carry my netbook with me everywhere. i was even debating picking up the mobile broadband connect plan so i could use it anywhere without having to suffer through the blackberry browser. well that was what i had grown accustomed to. i got my droid friday the 6th around lunch time, and didn't touch my netbook until monday evening. i know, exactly..

6. ahampton2k

ahampton2k New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nice!

Rated 5 but would rather do 4.5 due to cam.

7. souljerr

souljerr Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Excellent so far but not a 5. Camera flat out sucks but my experience has been great.

8. mynamesjose

mynamesjose Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I bought the HTC Imagio a week before the Droid. I hated it after 2 days. It was slow, laggy, and froze. I went a returned the Imagio two days ago and got the droid. I already like it 100 time more. I love the look, the feel, everything about it. I've always liked Motorola phones. I had a Q9m for 2 years and loved it till the end when it was dying. Huge props to motorola on this phone.

9. 808droid

808droid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As a phone I rated a 5, I could care less about the camera because I prefer using my Samsung L220 to snap photos. Anyhow, the speaker phone is really nice, I don't have to have the phone up by my mouth for the other person to hear me on the call, unlike my Razer did. I can actually place the phone next to my CPU and multitask easily, without losing sound quality, that is a big plus, besides, who likes holding a phone up to their ear while chatting online.

Loving my DROID!

:gotmyvote:

10. souljerr

souljerr Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I actually don't use the camera that often but when I do I'd like it to be better. Agree on the speaker phone. As a side - I was going to replace my Jawbone 2 bluetooth because it didn't work well with my other phone but with the Droid it works perfectly.

11. Blackout

Blackout New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I gave it a 4.5 but i said 5, I think if Verizon/Google listen to us..which theyve already shown they can do by making Droid in the first place and just put a well made update to the device to cover the few software issues/interests we all have such as pinch zoom and the glitch for the echo on phone calls then it will be a 5 and Blow the iPhone off its high perch. I love my Droid way more then my iPhone, the only thing i wish is that some of the Devs that make games for iPhoen come over to the Droid side, because Android really lacks on the Game end right now. But im sure now with this Beast of a phone out there we will see alot more apps coming our way.

12. SPG900NY

SPG900NY Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What can I say? I've become a fanboy, and I do not EVER gush over electronic devices.

The barcode scanner is awesome. I was in home depot buying a cordless drill and found reviews while I was in there based on the UPC. The GPS is awesome, drag-and-drop MP3's way cool (who needs "library managment"?), love the Gmail integration... I'm just way sold on this phone. It just gets the way I think.

Now if only Verizon had adequately stocked the multimedia dock...

Search tags for this page
droidâ„¢ x by motorola reactivation rates

lumia 928 spc

motorola droad 126
rate droidx by motorola
rate droidx smart phones
rate motorola droad phones
rate motorola droid
rate the droid phones verizon
rate verizon droid phones