Rate the Motorola Droid

Discussion in 'Droid Polls' started by danDroid, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Darkseider

Darkseider Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Tell ya what. I'll take that droid off your hands for $200. That way you can put that money toward an ipad. Deal?

2. howzball

howzball Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Didn't want to post back until we had tried your tip but, I think this might have really helped her situation.
    I haven't heard filthy sailor voice from her since I tried it which is usually what happens right after a dropped call so, that's a good sign.

The 2.1 update happened right about the same time we tried your tip so, something helped. I'll say it was your tip that did it. ;)

3. Talon8Ya

Talon8Ya Member

Ratings:
    +25
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 8
    Twitter:
    TalonTech1
    I have had the phone for a while now and I give it a 5.

Now this is despite a couple huge gaps in it's O/S.

Cons:
    - No bluetooth voice dialing. This should have been standard. Every phone I have ever had with bluetooth has been able to do this including my Moto Q that I gave up for the Droid.
    - Market. Simply horrid. Not for the amount or even quality of apps but simply for the super basic search and filter features.
    Yes there is top paid and free and just in but you should also be able to drill down to top rated in each of those categories or most dl's and other such options. There are still great apps out there though so it is not all a loss if you have time to wade through the Market to get there.

Pros:
    - Voice to text. This since the 2.1 update has been great. It makes e-mail use so much better on this phone.
    - Physical keyboard. At first the flat keys seemed like a huge pain in the butt but after a week or so it actually turned out just as easy as my Moto Q keyboard. It really shines when playing some of the games that support it.
    - Widgets. They add so much more usefulness to the phone. Live weather and news reports, e-mail alerts and much more.
    - Multi-tasking. It is great to be able to listen to music and browse the web while getting my email and other things.
    - Multiple Home Screens. Yeah stock is only 3 but that is more than most give and with apps like Helix (which is free) you can have even more. I set up one screen specifically for all my work related stuff and the rest for fun.
    - Maps and Navigation. I was actually in the market for a GPS when I was getting my Droid. Not any more. The Droid does and then some. So many features and great accuracy it makes it a GPS killer.
    - Open O/S. This allows for so much customization and extra usability above and beyond what any other O/S phones offer.

There is so much more but that really sticks out. I also like the way that it should receive regular updates for quite some time extending it's functional time as a great phone.

4. chops

chops Member

Ratings:
    +0
    best phone I ever had but this always room for improvement

5. droidgirl1

droidgirl1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I rated it a 5. My girl Dolly Droid is with me always. Anyone else naming their droids, or am I the only toon?

:)

6. GryphonD

GryphonD Member

Ratings:
    +0
    At times I do, think about re-activating my BlackBerry....

Great phone, though I wish the physical KB were better designed (it's a bit too shallow and often end up typing in the wrong keys...) Also would like it to have a slightly larger screen, along with better sound quality via both load speaker and handset speaker. More actual internal on-board RAM would have been great as well. Other than those points, it is a great phone.

7. DessoThumbs

DessoThumbs Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Not to mention rootablity. My Droid was awesome before I rooted and now I'd have to search a dictionary for an adjective, but I'm at work.

8. Talon8Ya

Talon8Ya Member

Ratings:
    +25
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 8
    Twitter:
    TalonTech1
    I agree with that even though I cannot root due to work. It really extends the phones capabilities a ton.

9. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +63
    I rated it a 5. Granted I'm coming from an Omnia 1 (yea I know be quiet...)

The flat keys arent as bad as some ppl make it to be. I mean u can feel the individual keys so whats the problem? I did see pics of the rasied keys....I'm thinking I might try my insurance and pray I get one just to see how it works.

Some ppl complained the top keys on the slide out board were cut off some cuz of the screen. Unless u put a front cover on wrong, (which I did when I first got it) or use a front cover thats wide, reaching the keys is fine.

My girlfriend experienced the dreaded 'mute' issue using my Droid I been reading about. I was undecided for awhile wfter reading up on that. I never had it happen to me. Maybe it is a 'long-hair' issue. And other ppl that said it happened when holding it to their cheek. I learned with the Omnia not to hold the phone flush to my face when I disabled the keypad lock. But I think the Droid needs a keypad lock or a better one. Not a screen lock, a keypad lock. (thats about the ONLY thing the Omnia 1 did right for me)

Love the free Google Maps. Used it this morning. Google Maps did trip out at the destination, made us do a U Turn when all we had to do was make a left a few feet before the U Turn.

Screen feels nice and hard. No scratches yet. Co workers said they never heard a phone so loud, (ringtones, looking at Youtube, etc.)

Battery life: this is the only reason I rooted. I'm trying like mad to have a similar battery life I had with the Omnia 1.

I actually like using a touch screen keyboard again......One that actually works good......thank u Droid.

10. frozty

frozty Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just got my droid. I love it absolutely love it (Better than iphone to me) but, I wish the battery lasted longer because I'm using it a lot.

11. Jokerz

Jokerz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yea I had to say a 4 because of battery life. Thats the only issue I have with my droid.

12. LollyKaye

LollyKaye New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I LOVE MY DROID. I've named him Dexter, he is like a person to me. Dexter is more fabulous than I'd anticipated.

Search tags for this page
droidâ„¢ x by motorola reactivation rates

lumia 928 spc

motorola droad 126
rate droidx by motorola
rate droidx smart phones
rate motorola droad phones
rate motorola droid
rate the droid phones verizon
rate verizon droid phones