Rate the Motorola Droid

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I love android and I am happy with my phone, but it is so underpowered compared to basically every new android device out there. I mean 256mb of ram when everything a few months after it came with 1gb or more. I ahte having to delete apps to allow enough memory to do basic processes.

plus it lags alot on screen changes and going from app to app. It's simply underpowered. I really want an X but I will wait until fall next year when I can get a new every 2 and I'll scoop up a 4g android device.

I'm pretty sure the newer phones have 384MB or 512MB of RAM; NOT 1GB+

You're getting system RAM mixed up with onboard flash storage.

The DROID is not tremendously underpowered compared to the new devices, simply because it is still a Cortex A8 device; and not the older ARM architecture. Now, THOSE devices are truly underpowered.

droidlady05

Reaction score
Awesome! Whenever I read the blogs, I start itching for a new phone. But, I don't need one. Just flashed PEv5.0.2 and I'm rocking Gingerbread, before the newer hardware.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
Late reply:
4.5/5 bc of heating up easily but i barely use it since i got my xoom

[_] Motorola Droid: Latest Miui
[x] Motorola Xoom: Tiamat 1.1
Tapatalk

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
The D1 has been absolutely phenomenal over two years for me. Sure it has its quirks and hiccups, but it still runs smooth. I only want to upgrade if my potential phone is as hackable as this.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

nhra1ss

Reaction score
Love my D2 and if I could, I would get the D3. But I am not able to upgrade yet, so I will have to wait, :frown: