Rate the Motorola Droid

fenriswolf039

Reaction score
I'm going to give it a very low 4.

Battery life is horrible. Fully charged in the morning, it is below 50% by lunch time. I've never owned this many chargers with any previous phone. One in the car, one on my motorcycle, one in my truck, one at every computer and in the laptop bag. Thank God the chargers are super cheap.

HOWEVER, this phone does EVERYTHING that other phones DON'T, including the iPhone. As long as I have an external power source, I hardly have to use a computer anymore. I receive my customer's attachments, edit them, and then fax or email them straight from the phone. I have direct FTP access to all my webservers and I can control my desktop computer and our company's file server from anywhere. Also, the fact that I can use wifi and bluetooth while in airplane mode is a huge plus since I fly a lot.

For the last 3 days, my 3g speed has been horrible, but I think that's Verizon's issue, and not the phone.

I had the LG Voyager before, and I was happy with it. I could use that phone for 2 days straight and it would barely get to 50% battery. Of course, the internet on that phone was a joke.

zero7404

Reaction score
i gave it a 3. just because it's not that great a piece of hardware. it's not fully seamless as a device. letdowns:

bluetooth not right (motorola doesn't adhere to the spec, if it did i wouldn't have had to dispose of my blueant, even with a discovery 925 voyager pairing is a hit or miss)

wifi not right (if it were, it'd work with WPA2-AES)

gorilla glass -- motorola has an anorexic complex. making devices thin seems to be just as in style as thin magazine models were a decade ago. the glass is so thin, it doesn't really give any advantage over a sapphire crystal of similar thickness or similar thickness glass used on other touch screen phones.

volume not right (if it were, i wouldn't have to press volume up to REDUCE the volume, after having unpaired from a headset)

praises:

google gives a lot of free useful tools
the market has a lot of free apps that are useful

doublejack

Reaction score
I gave the Droid a 5. It easily meets or exceeds all of my expectations, and I have no complaints about it. I think the majority of people complaining about the battery life have no previous experience with smartphones. They consume a lot more juice than a "dumb" phone. The Droid's battery life is actually pretty impressive compared to some of its competition.

Mudd92

Reaction score
I hate mine its a pos. Im on the 3rd one and ive given up.

echo52

Reaction score
I am with you on the camera, it sure could use some tweaking. The picture quality is really lacking. :frown:

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
I gave the Droid a 5. It easily meets or exceeds all of my expectations, and I have no complaints about it. I think the majority of people complaining about the battery life have no previous experience with smartphones. They consume a lot more juice than a "dumb" phone. The Droid's battery life is actually pretty impressive compared to some of its competition.
Once you root and get into the low voltage kernels, and set profiles in SetCPU, battery life is pretty sweet. The Droid is a steal for it's potential, moreso than what it does outta the box.

zm@n

Reaction score
droid rating

so far i would rate it at 5, very smooth and fast especially after root. I love to see my 3 co-workers salivate over the video quality and picture quality, they don't even come close. one of them constantly kicks himself for not listening to me. can't wait for Froyo.

lholm

Reaction score
price performance moto droid

still can't be beat for the features.

wingsabr

Reaction score
Love my droid! Liking the results of root, setcpu, and kernels.

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
#droiddoes #dominate

f7bffc9b.jpg

Yeah, that me. ;-)

xXbrick84Xx

Reaction score
The Droid is probably still the best phone out on the market right now. No other phone has the rooting, theming, customizing, and overclocking potential it has. My dad has an iPhone and I always have to teach him how to do stuff on it, (I'm the tech savvy one in the family) and it just makes me want to barf how "simple" and "non-customizable" it is. It's pathetic, not even wallpapers!! Seriously!!?? I know the iPhone OS 4 is gonna add that but it took em long enough don't you think! I could go on for hours on how the Droid is better then every other phone, but I don't have all night! :)

Brick