Rate the Motorola Droid

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
A "4" here. Doesn't get a "5" primarily as a result of the immaturity of the app market at this point. It's a remarkable device for techies, but it's not ready for primetime for business users.

ctdanner

Reaction score
Love My Droid

I love My Droid... had it since the day after it was release..... suffered for a year with my Storm before making the move to Droid... Thanks Motorola....!:greendroid::greendroid::greendroid:

mlw505

Reaction score
Droid ratings

4 - would be 5 except for the slide out keyboard. Hard to use, plus most used key (delete) is next to most unused key (send - which ought to be to move to the next paragraph). If there was a way to disable the send key and use "send" on the screen, I would rate it a 5.

DavidEvanK

Reaction score
I don't just whine but constructively criticize

Granted it's the best Verizon device out there ..
And I really like Google nav.

but not when I'm not about to crash the car into a tree just trying to turn the phone on because I can't do that with my Bluetooth.

If Google, Motorola or Verizon wants to change this state of things and get this right and live up to the hype they can at least the following:

-Be straight with us about what works and doesn't work on the Droid.
-stop providing help and update info through clunky PDFs and build the help into the darn phone or at least in a HTML5 format that can be read in a browser.
-make the phone safe by allowing us to turn it on via Bluetooth handset without having to reach over and turn on the phone.
-Change all of the native Google apps to use the pinch zoom capability that's already in the OS.
-Make it not only a capability but a mandatory requirement that all apps have zoom capability so we don't go blind.
-Allow us to copy text out of the body of our emails from the Gmail client.
-Allow us to upload and download files via browser.
-support Adobe Flash as you promised.
-provide image stabilization for the camera.
-improve copy and paste capabilities to make them more intuitive.

Nick177th

Reaction score
I'd have to agree with DavidE. I absolutely love the Droid. Its like a new toy everyday. But, this Bluetooth thing is driving me crazy. The crazy hing about it is someone posted the script and you can plainly see that it is written into the OS's script. However, it is disabled. I don't get that. That puzzles the hell out of me. I am seriously uncomfortable fumbling around with my phone while driving. Ironically, this is my first smartphone, and it can't do a simple task like dialing from Bluetooth. Correction, its not being allowed to dial from bluetooh. When I went back to Verizon to at least ask them to pass it up the chain, they looked at me like they had no idea that this function wasn't available. Wow. Really Verizon? It may sound like I'm ranting but, I'm not. That Bluetooth thing really urks me.

HandDroid

Reaction score
Impressive device.
If the malfunction of muting itself on 95% of my calls, and then dropping them would subside, I would actually call it a phone. But hey! its smart enough to at least give you a clue..ennit?" Duck and cover, mute and drop"
Seems some of the softwear got farmed out to B.F.E and wound up in my particular phone. I am revived to find not all recieved this coded lot, as I.

HandDroid

Reaction score
I agree totally with DavidE, and you.
But my salesman sold me a bluetooth, as well as a car charger that doesn't fit.
So I am going to return and ask for demonstrations, just for the hell of it on my day off.:icon_ banana:

tranz

Reaction score
even 4 out of 5 is far too "kind" of a rating. This is the first cellphone I've had (since 1994) that crashes ("FC") simply handling voice calls. It's the 1st one I've had since 2006 that doesn't work properly with a bluetooth headset. It's the only one that doesn't have a reliable button for "hang-up" function. The lousy 1.3Mp camera on my old Treo matched the quality of the results I get from this 5Mp one. The inability to sort or search contacts by company or last name is as stupid as imaginable. I'm REALLY getting tired of waiting for V,M & G to fix their screw-ups. Only the 3rd party apps have me keeping this thing, and most of them are still needing to keep pumping out rev's pretty often.

tucripper

Reaction score
I had to give it a 5. My Droid has saved me time and money over, and over again. I have converted quite a few BB and I****e users over to the droid. Aside from the issues we all are aware of I could not be more pleased. :motdroidvert:

BiGJaYDROID

Reaction score
totally give it a 10 out of 5... lol yes I said 10 out of 5 ... This device is simply amazing take the place of so many other things and is alwasy with me i use to read e book watch moves listen to music brwose the web and connect with my peeps how many other devices can do all that and still fit in your pocket???:icon_ banana:

tranz

Reaction score
totally give it a 10 out of 5... lol yes I said 10 out of 5 ... This device is simply amazing take the place of so many other things and is alwasy with me i use to read e book watch moves listen to music brwose the web and connect with my peeps how many other devices can do all that and still fit in your pocket???:icon_ banana:

A Treo could do that in 2006, maybe earlier. I'm NOT trying to sell anybody on a Treo, I EXPECT BETTER HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE THAN THAT OR THIS IN 2010!

mineolasmitty

Reaction score
Nice phone but I would like to get more battery life. I am now getting about 8 hrs with all apps killed. Almost unreadable screen in bright sunlight. Gave it a 4.

artc33

Reaction score
I can't give it a 5. You can't even use voice commands through your Bluetooth. Other than that, it's been a good 1st smartphone experience so far.
i second you nick, even the lg dare let me do that. i would give it a 4.5 too. this is my first "smart phone" and i've seen others and wow!

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
I had to rate it a 4. I absolutely love this phone but i rated it a 4 because of the lack of a simple feature (Bluetooth Dialing) that they left out of this phone.

egilesscott

Reaction score
I've been using the Droid for several months now. Like it but I too would like to see a better voice dial system. It's not at all "hands-free". To dial a number in my contacts, I need to 1. manually open voice dialer, 2. speak into it, 3. then manually touch the number to confirm. To do this, I put it into a car dock, charging therefore on all the time. Otherwise, it's even more manual intervention. Too much when driving. The Palm Treo worked much better. Because of that key application shortage, I'm giving it a 3.5