Rapidshare issues

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
Anyone else having downloading issues from Rapidshare lately? I used to be able to pull down zips and rars with my Droid with no problems (3G and WiFi), but for the past week or so, all files come though as empty and 47k in size. I've tried this on multiple browsers (stock, Opera, Skyfore, Dolphin), all with the same result. Furthermore, Megaupload seems to work fine.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I do not use Rapidshare nor have I seen this issue in other threads.

Have you tried installing and reinstalling to see if that resolves the issue?

OP
Ghostwheel

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
I do not use Rapidshare nor have I seen this issue in other threads.

Have you tried installing and reinstalling to see if that resolves the issue?

Rapidshare (rapidshare.com) is an online storage site, not an app. Same with Megaupload. I did a search of the forums before posting this, to see if anyone else had had issues, but the only rapidshare mentions were incidental.

ibebyi

Reaction score
hmm thats strange as I just downloaded the N1 flash apk from rapidshare and it worked flawlessly (albeit it crawled on my work computers horrible T1)

maybe its a corrupted file? Or possibly a timed out connection?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification re being an online service. It appears that the issue is at their end. Do they provide a feedback or contact service?

OP
Ghostwheel

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
hmm thats strange as I just downloaded the N1 flash apk from rapidshare and it worked flawlessly (albeit it crawled on my work computers horrible T1)

maybe its a corrupted file? Or possibly a timed out connection?

I've tried it with a number of different files, so it's not a corruption issue. Also tried over both 3G and my home (DSL-connected) WiFi; the download speed seems fast enough and doesn't time out, the only problem is that no matter what the actual size of the file is, it downloads as an empty 47k "shell."

I'd switch to only using Megaupload, except that I find their web interface much clunkier than Rapidshare's.

OP
Ghostwheel

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification re being an online service. It appears that the issue is at their end. Do they provide a feedback or contact service?

I dunno, from what ibebyi said above, I get the distinct feeling the problem might be at my end. I'm running stock and haven't received the 2.2 OTA yet, so there's always the chance that might fix whatever's causing my issue...

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
once in a while ill have this issue on my droid what i have to do it down on the bottom of the page there is an option to view the full site. click that and it should work fine.

it only happens once in a while.

Droids

Reaction score
Sounds like it's downloading the link to the download rather than the actual file, and saving the link as the file name. Some sort of file association screwup on the phone. Can't think of any fix at the moment, but this has happened to me now and then. I'm currently using Xscope for my browser and I think it handles downloads better, but maybe research ways to fix file associations...

ibebyi

Reaction score
Just tried it on a test (freeware) zip file using Xscope and got a 48k download rather than the 4mb zip, which downloaded fine on my computer. Dunno what's up with that.

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

Sounds very familiar. And I can't find a "view full site" link at the bottom, as someone described above.

I don't have a RS link open in front of me but I'm pretty sure there is no mobile version of that site, which is the only reason they'd have a "open full site" or w.e

Idk are you using stock browser?

OP
Ghostwheel

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
Just tried it on a test (freeware) zip file using Xscope and got a 48k download rather than the 4mb zip, which downloaded fine on my computer. Dunno what's up with that.

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

Sounds very familiar. And I can't find a "view full site" link at the bottom, as someone described above.

I don't have a RS link open in front of me but I'm pretty sure there is no mobile version of that site, which is the only reason they'd have a "open full site" or w.e

Idk are you using stock browser?

I've tried with stock, Skyfire, Dolphin, and Opera - same result for all.

Jimi

Reaction score
can not get Rapidshare downloads

I saw that you have a similar problem.I download a lot of live music files via RapidShare and when I go to the page regardless of the file the right side of the page doesn't load all the way and the download button doesnt work.I also tried multiple browsers with the same results.I'm using a evo.I tried my old crappy touch pro running windows and it works fine if you figure this problem out please post.Thanks.