Rapid USB Wall Charger for Maxx

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by Lester52, Sep 5, 2012.

  1. Lester52
    Offline

    Lester52 Member

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2012
    Messages:
    42
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    8
    Location:
    florida
    Ratings:
    +2
    Has anyone found a quality rapid usb wall charger for our Maxx's , I understand the charger that comes with the phone are 750mA. Does moto make a usb 850mA or a 1000mA for the razr. Would like a little shorter charge time.
    Thanks!!
     
  2. FoxKat
    Offline

    FoxKat Resident Novelist...LOL! Staff Member Premium Member

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2010
    Messages:
    10,028
    Likes Received:
    1,582
    Trophy Points:
    558
    Location:
    Pennsylvania
    Ratings:
    +1,641
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo, and Nexus 6!
    There may be some benefit in charge time for boost charges going from the stock 750mAh charger to something such as you suggest, but your battery will suffer a shortened life in the process. In fact, Motorola went from a 780mAh charger on the OG Droid and Droid 2, to the lower current of the ones that shipped with the Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX for that very reason. Slower charging rates (lower current) will extend the life of the battery (number of charge cycles before it will only hold 80% of what it was originally rated for).

    Also, it's been proven that with Lithium Ion batteries although charging faster will get you to about 80% charge in a shorter time, the other 20% will take longer and the net result is very little if any time saved. If you must charge faster I don't believe you will see any benefit above 1,000 mAh, because the phone's charging system has a current limiter built in to prevent overcharging and excessive current during charge. It may be that the total maximum current rate allowed is less than 1,000mAh, but I am nearly positive it is no more.

    Here's an interesting fact...my Motorola Navigation Dock came with its own Motorola Car Accessory Adapter/Charger, and it's called a "Rapid Charger", and yet, it's rated at 750mAh (same as the wall adapter). What does that tell you?
     
  3. Lester52
    Offline

    Lester52 Member

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2012
    Messages:
    42
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    8
    Location:
    florida
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for a great explanation of our charging system, I will gladly wait a little longer for a charge and save my battery life.
    I would still like to replace the stock charger, it's a little short and really stiff. Would you or anyone recommend a quality replacement charger with the same specs, and if possible an led indicator charging light would be nice.
    Again thanks for your reply Mr FoxKat !!
     
  4. jkaod
    Offline

    jkaod Active Member

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2010
    Messages:
    511
    Likes Received:
    55
    Trophy Points:
    28
    Ratings:
    +55
    Following Foxkat's "Proper Care and Feeding of Batteries", I only feel safe using the original charger. I have bought a couple of extra ones (always the same model number and made by Moto) from Amazon, but I have changed to a longer cord on one of them. The cords are easy to find, but be careful, I had a defective cable and it didn't charge correctly. It looked fine, but I'm sure there was a short in it somewhere.
     
  5. yaterml
    Offline

    yaterml Member

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2012
    Messages:
    315
    Likes Received:
    9
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Ratings:
    +9
    Motorola does make a higher charge current charger and they do even show that it can be used with a Maxx but it does nothing but overheat the phone especially during use and charging at the same time
     
  6. adrenalinemotion
    Offline

    adrenalinemotion Member

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2010
    Messages:
    122
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Ratings:
    +1
    I didn't know this. Could you post the part number or a link to the correct charger?
     
  7. ZX7-H2
    Offline

    ZX7-H2 New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2010
    Messages:
    9
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Location:
    N.C. USA
    Ratings:
    +0
    Great information, thank you from a new RAZR MAXX user :)
     
  8. JDH
    Offline

    JDH Member

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2012
    Messages:
    99
    Likes Received:
    10
    Trophy Points:
    8
    Ratings:
    +10
    At night I sleep not use phone, charge phone, always wake to 100%ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
     
Search tags for this page
1000ma home charger adapter motorola droid razr maxx
,

droid razr maxx charger specs

,

droid razr maxx charging current

,
motorola razr maxx charger specs
,
rapid charger for droid razr maxx
,
rapid charger for razr maxx
,
rapid wall charger
,
razr maxx charge rate
,
razr maxx charger specs
,
razr maxx hd charger specs