Random vibrations

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
Heres something that just started yesterday.
My phone will randomly vibrate.. even when the screen is off and locked.

Not sure whats going on here... there are no new notifications.. nothing.. just randomly there will be a single short burst vibration.

Phone is stock, unrooted GB.
It's a CLNR that I just got about a week ago and this issue was not present until yesterday.

Anybody else have this going on with their phone?

dano272

Reaction score
Yes! My DX started vibrating randomly within the past day or so. I was running the first GB leak but did the whole back to stock with factory reset today. Installed some apps and am now getting the vibrations again. Very random but seem to happen more when the phone is in the dock (car or home). Also - airplane mode doesn't help. Thinking of newish apps I've installed - really only Google+. I've uninstalled that and still get the vibrations.

Something is up. Keep this thread updated if you (or anyone else) tracks down the source.

OP
Speeding Wheels

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
This is getting really annoying now.. the vibrations, which are totally random have started to be far more frequent. No notifications, no nothing out of the ordinary on the screen... just random short vibration bursts.

Very frustrating.

dano272

Reaction score
I'm going to factory restore again and add back applications in a step wise manner. It's gotta be a newly updated app. I'll update this thread.

dano272

Reaction score
alright - factory reset with GB 2.3.3 stock. Activated with verizon but have not logged into google. Sitting in home dock - zero buzz.

sorenoverby

Reaction score
Short random vibration

I am also experiencing the same random problem, started happening yesterday after I visited the market place and several updates happened. I could not tell you which apps updated.

The vibrations seem to happen at random, with no notifications to go with them. They also seem to happen in pairs. By the time I pick up the phone to see if there is a notification from the first buzz, a second short buzz occurs for no reason.

Something also seems to be sucking more power then normal. After unplugging it last night, thinking it might have been pulsing because it was fully charged, by the morning it had already dropped 1/8 or power.

All ideas about this weird epidemic is gladly welcome.

Moto Driod2 2.3.20.A955
Andriod 2.2

dano272

Reaction score
Yup. For sure Groupon. Someone else posted in the reviews in the market that it made their nexus buzz as well. Glad we got that figured out and it only took me two factory resets....

sorenoverby

Reaction score
Hard Reset seemed to work for me.

I just popped by battery out for a few seconds and the problem solved. However I did look and groupon was updated when the problem started.
Thanks everyone.

thinman72069

Reaction score
Mine just started doing this a couple days ago and has progressively become more frequent.
Although I can't recall any recent updates for Groupon, I will uninstall. I never use it anyway.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

indygreg

Reaction score
yep, it is groupon. My tbolt would get into a mood at night where it would vibrate over and over - very short, but often. It was just doing it now for the past 30 minutes. In the past, it would never stop until I turn it off. Well, I just read this thread and uninstalled groupon . . . no more random vibrates.
I use groupons often . . . they need to fix this.

kaarlo52

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung galaxy pocket
Press menu, go to task manager, RAM, clear memory.

That worked for me. It closes 9 programs.