Random unlock reboots

snowboardwcu

Reaction score
same issue

Anyone having their DX reboot when you swipe to unlock. Im trying to determine if this is a hardware or software issue. Or an issue with launcher pro plus.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

yeah same issue here, also can't determine whats causing it. swipe to unlock causes a mini-reboot with boot animation and locks in horizontal mode...

i have changed very little in JRummy's OC app. initially i thought this was arising from my voltages, but i've been running wo for two days now, still happening.

i am running LPP, along with an assortment of apps, here a list of whats running to see if anyone has anything similar:

accuweather quick (widget)
appbrain app market
battery indicator pro
contact widget
droid overclock (jrummy's)
koush's bootstrapper
droid X forums app
gmail
handscent
jorte (calendar app)
lookout
market
mytracks
pandora (music)
teslaLED
titaniumbackup
winamp

Dustin.

Reaction score
You do realize that when you overclock your phone, that the app injects a custom script into your phone so it runs at different voltages and different speeds? This will effect your Kernel and every phone is different, I would put money that your main source of the problem is the overclocking app, I would say either get a lower overclock, or not have one at all for a while and see how your phone reacts to it.

As for everyone else having random reboot issues, move all your apps to your SD Card and see how things go. If problem still persists I would recommend a factory reset if your not rooted, if you ARE rooted, then I would boot into Clockwork and wipe Cache, see where that gets you.

If it still exists might try backing up all your data from your SD to your PC, then formatting your SD Card within the Android System and doing a factory reset, then applying all your data back on your SD Card. (DO NOT PUT BACK ON ANYTHING THAT IS ANDROID RELATED! JUST YOUR PERSONAL DATA/INFO!)

Final solution I would have you all try is to try a Custom ROM, and or SBFing your phone back to "Out of the Box" state.

Let me know if any of these workout for you guys. If you need further assistance don't hesitate to PM me.

snowboardwcu

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips, but that doesn't solve the issue. People are having this issue regardless of root, OC, custom, even having it fresh off an sbf.

Wipe cache, re seat sd card seem to be viable options at this point, I'll try and post my findings later.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

snowboardwcu

Reaction score
Update.

Re seatingthe sd card and wiping cache had no positive effect. If anything, its gotten worse since I wiped cache. Ill be trying to sbf later this week...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App