1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Random text messages

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by gflam, Jul 9, 2010.

1. gflam

gflam Developer Theme Developer Developer

I'm running bugless beast v0.1 and using handcent sms and i have the stock texting apk on my phone. I also have the C_01.41.00R baseband and lately my phone has been resending my messages. It started out only when i would flash a new rom or restore a backup but now it happens every time i shut my phone off and turn it back on even when i don't do anything to it. Any ideas how i can get this to stop besides just leaving the phone on all the time.
  2. TuBitMittens

TuBitMittens Member

I really don't know if I will be able to help you but I think Ive had a similar problem even before I rooted. Just open them up and clear them(don't know if it will work) I remember I would read a message once then the next time I powered up my phone it might reappear again in my notifications, but then clearing it would usually do the trick.
  3. gflam

I never recieve the message twice my phone just sends them multiple times
  4. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

I know you don't want to, but clear the history, I had the same problem and I only had to clear it once, not everytime... So the next time before you Flash something clear the Mms history and then the time after that, don't clear the history and see if it helps, it worked for me

Also mabye you should try Flashing BB0.4 and clear Data, and Cache along the way. I had this problem on an earlier version of BB and after clearing my history and Updating my ROM I haven't had this problem
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  5. gflam

Tried clearing the history and about every other possible way and none of those ways worked. What I did finally get to work was I downloaded an app called start up manager which was supposed to make my start up faster by unchecking items that load at start up. One of those apps was the messaging app I merely unchecked the item from my start up and restarted my phone. My girlfriends phone was next to me as she always gets the messages from me because i text her the most and when my phone turned on what do you know, no text messages to her start up manager worked perfectly :)
  6. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

I never even thought of that. I have that app, and it was probably the resolver of my messaging issues too

Glad you got it resolved!
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
  7. removed

removed New Member

Hey can you make your sig a bit bigger? I still have some free space on my screen.
  8. gflam

My signature is pretty small on my computer unless i click view full size i apologize if you always see the full size all of the computers in my house show the little signature including when i'm logged out
Search tags for this page
handcent app sending random text
how to get phone to stop sending random text
how to stop getting random text messages
ideas for random messages
old text messages reappearing

random text ideas

random text message ideas

random text messages is this a hack?
steelers logo
text hacking random