Random Speaker Static Noises

wonderyak

Reaction score
Hello all.

Very please with my Droid so far, but over the past couple days I've run into a strange issue where the phone's speaker will emit static (like trying to tune in a radio station). It doesn't last for long, but it is concerning.

I hate to go through the list of apps I have installed, but I am using GDE as a home replacement.

Anyone had a similar issue?

For the record, my calls and music are very clear through both headphones and the speaker.

snwburton

Reaction score
Yes I just started having the same problem it is so weird.

I also have a home replacement Launcher++ and way to many apps to list.

I did notice that it does the static noise almost always when an app try's to use the media noise. For instance when I use my camera the normal shutter noise is now static. This is so weird does any one have a solution.

codydavis22

Reaction score
Yeah I have had the same issue on and off since I have had my droid and it makes the sound whenever an audio is trying to be played through the speaker. No clue what causes it.

Hello all.

Very please with my Droid so far, but over the past couple days I've run into a strange issue where the phone's speaker will emit static (like trying to tune in a radio station). It doesn't last for long, but it is concerning.

I hate to go through the list of apps I have installed, but I am using GDE as a home replacement.

Anyone had a similar issue?

For the record, my calls and music are very clear through both headphones and the speaker.

Yes I just started having the same problem it is so weird.

I also have a home replacement Launcher++ and way to many apps to list.

I did notice that it does the static noise almost always when an app try's to use the media noise. For instance when I use my camera the normal shutter noise is now static. This is so weird does any one have a solution.

jsje

Reaction score
I've got the same issue - static when getting a text, phone call, shutter sound in camera, etc. Seems to be since I installed Handcent SMS, but not sure. Has anyone found a cause or cure?

codydavis22

Reaction score
cause is just a glitch in the phones software...its not from handcent or any other app.
cure is to just do a hard reset....although it might come back after a few months.
I've got the same issue - static when getting a text, phone call, shutter sound in camera, etc. Seems to be since I installed Handcent SMS, but not sure. Has anyone found a cause or cure?

jsje

Reaction score
Did the hard reboot and seem to be fixed! Thanks so much dancedroid