Random shut downs require battery pull

monkey_man

Reaction score
no ... they froze my account due to lack of postings since 2010 :D . As you can see I only posted 3 posts so far. So I was listed in their auto-disabled of unused account. but it is sorted... I did said root as an explanation in the motorola forum that you gave the link to, but I don't discuss it in a greater detail about stuff that is not legit :p nor approved by motorola. I hope I really don't cross the line there tho... :blink:

billyk

Reaction score
Yup - happened to me today. Bionic is non-root and has had 100% uptime since last Thursday when I bought it. I had just used it a few minutes prior, plugged it into the charger and bam - unresponsive. Did a battery pull and it's back just fine. I will post on Moto's site so that they are aware of this.

This one restart aside, the Bionic has been nothing short of amazing!!

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Yup - happened to me today. Bionic is non-root and has had 100% uptime since last Thursday when I bought it. I had just used it a few minutes prior, plugged it into the charger and bam - unresponsive. Did a battery pull and it's back just fine. I will post on Moto's site so that they are aware of this.

This one restart aside, the Bionic has been nothing short of amazing!!

Since you say it happened when you plugged it in, are you using the charger *and* cable that came with the phone?

billyk

Reaction score
Since you say it happened when you plugged it in, are you using the charger *and* cable that came with the phone?

Yes - stock charger and cable.

Frankly, it could have gone dead shortly before plugging it in, I just happened to notice it at that point.

Hope that helps!

OP
doctordoctor

doctordoctor

Reaction score
Well Phone has done it 2 more times now and this time I noticed it occurred after Freezing while running different apps. 1 being Heytell the other the voice changer. My kids like the robot voice so I act like Optimus prime and tell them to go to bed and what not. Anyhow Unrooted but I just rooted it again so I can back my apps up. I notice the heat issue a lot. I am not a super user but rather a consistent user when I am not taking care of back aches and abdominal pain. I do have it in an Otter box which probably doesn't help. I will have to post on motorola too. I think a solution would be a custom ROM like Project Elite which would allow you to kill processes by holding the back button. Loved that feature!