Random Restarting? moto droid

JPlue

Reaction score
Hey, new to the forum but not to the Droid.

I've had my Moto Droid since December, and am obsessed with it. Until about an hour ago I had never run into any problems with it, but now it is constantly restarting over and over and over (you get the picture).

I already uninstalled all of the apps that I've installed since yesterday (which took about 10 mins because it restarts after about 10 seconds).

Has anybody else run into this problem? I really don't want to have to exchange it with Verizon, but I also want to have a usable Droid!

Any help or advice would be awesome!

-Jeff

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since you already removed all the new apps try pulling the battery.

Mike

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey, new to the forum but not to the Droid.

I've had my Moto Droid since December, and am obsessed with it. Until about an hour ago I had never run into any problems with it, but now it is constantly restarting over and over and over (you get the picture).

I already uninstalled all of the apps that I've installed since yesterday (which took about 10 mins because it restarts after about 10 seconds).

Has anybody else run into this problem? I really don't want to have to exchange it with Verizon, but I also want to have a usable Droid!

Any help or advice would be awesome!

-Jeff

:welcome: to the Droid Forums. Try doing a factory reset and see if that doesn't help. If that doesn't work then you can try a hard factory reset. We'll cross that bridge when we get there.

OP
J

JPlue

Reaction score
I've manually restarted, and pulled the battery a number of times. Restarted with and without the SD card inserted, with the charger plugged in, etc. Is there any specific app or something that people have found to be buggy?

OP
J

JPlue

Reaction score
hey hook, thanks for the welcome. You posted as I was responding to the other post. My noob is showing, but how do I do a regular reset (not the hard reset), and will this erase all my apps?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
hey hook, thanks for the welcome. You posted as I was responding to the other post. My noob is showing, but how do I do a regular reset (not the hard reset), and will this erase all my apps?

Just go to settings/privacy/factory reset.

OP
J

JPlue

Reaction score
Excellent. It's in the process of restarting now, I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

OP
J

JPlue

Reaction score
Alright, it's been reset and has stayed on for about 8 minutes so far... everything seems to be ok. Thanks for all of your help Hook!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Alright, it's been reset and has stayed on for about 8 minutes so far... everything seems to be ok. Thanks for all of your help Hook!

Let's wait 24 hours before you thank me. ;)

OP
J

JPlue

Reaction score
haha will do. I'm super impressed by android/google for being able to restore all of my contacts and apps

OP
J

JPlue

Reaction score
Just as an update: Since my factory reset, Droid seems to be working fine now! Thanks for your help!