random reboots

bryant_16

Reaction score
Anyone encountering random reboots? Will factory reset solve the issue?

shelton25

Reaction score
I've been having this happen to me as well. Mine happen when I have my droid in the car cradle and when it's hot. And before anyone says it's the temperature, it doesn't do it when I place it on the seat and it only started doing it in the past couple of days.

peskemom

Reaction score
Yeah, in the past 7 days I've had 2 random reboots. One was when I was on google and one when I was sending a text. I see no reason why nor any connection between the 2 random times.. This happened after my last update to Froyo FrFG01....so I just figure it's something wierd within that but maybe someone else knows????

luckytigerlady54

Reaction score
my i1 has been doing this 1-4 times a day. more often when I'm actively using it (on the web, downloading, texting). it is very annoying. any suggestions would be great!!

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Factory reset should definitely help. If anyone is on a custom rom then clearing cache and date would be the way to go.

Random reboots could be from heating to protect the cpu, also when the OS runs out of memory and terminates the system process and reboots. If you have several application running in the background it could cause that.

erbish

Reaction score
Mine started doing this about 2 months ago and occurs about 1-2 a day. It has done it at night while I'm sleeping, while on my desk at work, while in my hand holding the phone, listening to podcasts, etc....the only time it hasn't done it is when I'm on the phone, but I'm only on the phone a few minutes a month.

I did a factory reset and it helped for one week, then it started doing it again. I just got my CLNR and in less than 24 hours it has done it. VZ says it could be my battery and wants me to take it in and have it tested. I only installed a few basic popular apps to reduce the chances of one of them being the cause.