Random Reboots

iamnotjohn

Reaction score
having the same problem.... especially earlier, i was talking to someone then it just turned off, rebooted.. anyone has a solution to this prob? using v.7 cyan....

iamnotjohn

Reaction score
i got a solution, what i did was i reverted back to the remix v0.5 and the random rebooting was gone. but its still stable and all that. its just that its not the 0.7 version.

Buddah

Reaction score
I took the advice of eclsnowman and tried several different kernels. Currently using bekit_boot-0.8.3-7x1200LV and its working great. Not one reboot in the last 24 hrs., running @ 1200/800. All the apps. seem "snappier", getting approx. 635ms when doing long bench in SetCpu and no problems with heat.

irishdroid

Reaction score
I was having the same issue with reboots yesterday. I was running 5.0.5.7 cyan. I have since cleared my download cache and reflashed Clockwork, downloaded Jrummy customizer and all is well. Using Bekits 0.8-5x1200LV kernal running at 1200 and having a short bench of 235 and a long of 389. JIT enabled.

stragabenz

Reaction score
I was getting random reboots with Jrummy's Blue v.05 and I switched to P3droid's kernels and for the past week I haven't had one reboot. I suggest trying different kernels or lowering your OC, if your having reboot issues.

OP
V

Viper323

Reaction score
Well since I started this topic it hasn't happened to me again, however I have reflashed the ROM since then, perhaps that fixed it? I'm using the same kernel and same setcpu settings

NewDroidOrder

Reaction score
I was having the same issue and I just couldn't handle it anymore, I was using my Google maps to navigate and it rebooted at probably the worst time possible, not to mention it happening all the time normally. I'm going to give the ROM and all that another shot right now.

Isaiah

Reaction score
I switched my kernal (via rom manager) to a medium voltage 8mhz beckit, but I think it still rebooted. in addition i switched off of helix to that new launcher pro thing. (if you pay any attention to blogs or new apps you know what im talking about) and now i haven't had a single reboot. So I'm thinking that helix(1) interacting with the rom could be the problem. I dont have any evidence to back this up so im wondering if any of you are helix users. btw, the speed of the new launcher kicks the cr@p out of helix. miss my custom dock icons, but those are coming.

maybe we should check what apps people who are experiencing random reboots have in common?

bronx finest

Reaction score
I went back to Jrummy Cyan because I didn't like how BB ran, for some odd reason it was missing features I loved (battery percentage, etc.) and I came to the conclusion that it was having JIT enabled which made my device unstable.

I don't know why I didn't realize sooner, because a couple days prior to all my reboots, I enabled JIT to see how it would run, it totally slipped my mind until this past weekend.

NewDroidOrder

Reaction score
Well so far I've been running Jrummys ROM again. everything for the most part has been running quite smoothly just as always. As of now, I have had about 3 or so freezes where the screen is black and the phone is unresponsive.

KonArtiz

Reaction score
Well I came to find out that their are some apps that don't work with Froyo not the roms. I found out that You-Mail, and SavyScranner I think its called(you can scan bar codes with the app) is not working well with Froyo. I had both apps and I soon as I took them off, NO PROBLEMS at all now.

jlaidlaw

Reaction score
Well I came to find out that their are some apps that don't work with Froyo not the roms. I found out that You-Mail, and SavyScranner I think its called(you can scan bar codes with the app) is not working well with Froyo. I had both apps and I soon as I took them off, NO PROBLEMS at all now.
Can't wait for Google to release their code so all the apps work. Also, the developers of most apps will then update their app to work with 2.2.

Sent from my Droid