Random reboots?

dragorn

Reaction score
For those of you who have had no reboots: Have you linked a twitter account in your 'my accounts' app? (This is a total random-ass shot in the dark, because the address of the crash is 'witt' in ascii, which makes me think something is misinterpreting a message related to twitter.)

I've made a junk twitter login and bound my phone to it; have yet to go for a drive to try to trigger the crash. I previously had no twitter account associated with the device.

Drive

Reaction score
Reboots cleared...fixed...so far

I received my first Droid 3 on the 8th....I synced it with google and was enjoying Gingerbread goodness when...poof.. it rebooted. I finally got the phone loaded with all my apps and data and it rebooted again. For the next two days I endured up to 18 reboots a day. No rhyme or reason that I could find. Then I started searching the forums and foudn people talking about Wifi being the issue..so i shut that off...boom more reboots. I called Verizon and we did a hard reset...again I synced with google...again reboots. I called Verizon and they sent me a new phone. I loaded it as before and within 10 minutes the phone rebooted. I saw someone mention the syncing as being involved...so I did a hard reset and have added things back in one at a time. Since that time I have had no resets. The phone has been smooth and is so sweet dancedroid. Hope this helps at least one person not get frustrated.

Aardvark3208

Reaction score
Random Reboots Too!

I am having exactly the same problem... Got a Droid3 yesterday, synced with my Google account. The phone soft rebooted pretty much all day long. I went back to the Verizon store thinking it was a defective unit and they exchanged it with no questions. This one is doing the same thing. My last phone was the original Droid. Someone please help as I absolutely love this phone. There has to be some sort of app conflict. Is there any way to sync contacts without bringing all other previous settings / apps?

neilrl79

Reaction score
I am having exactly the same problem... Got a Droid3 yesterday, synced with my Google account. The phone soft rebooted pretty much all day long. I went back to the Verizon store thinking it was a defective unit and they exchanged it with no questions. This one is doing the same thing. My last phone was the original Droid. Someone please help as I absolutely love this phone. There has to be some sort of app conflict. Is there any way to sync contacts without bringing all other previous settings / apps?

Just start uninstalling apps one by one. That way your contacts are left untouched. Did you have your Droid rooted? If so those apps you had that require root would have installed on your D3 when it synced, so uninstall those apps first.

Aardvark3208

Reaction score
I unintsalled all of the apps that followed my Google account but apparently there is a lot more info than that. Even WiFi Access passwords followed and were restored. I guess the easiest thing to do would be to create a new G-mail account, import my contacts from the old one, and start fresh. My old phone was never rooted or modified. All of a sudden this Google Life thing is not so appealing any more. This is a real pain!

General Tso

Reaction score
I unintsalled all of the apps that followed my Google account but apparently there is a lot more info than that. Even WiFi Access passwords followed and were restored. I guess the easiest thing to do would be to create a new G-mail account, import my contacts from the old one, and start fresh. My old phone was never rooted or modified. All of a sudden this Google Life thing is not so appealing any more. This is a real pain!

These issues are ruining Android. I gave up on it. It's simply not refined enough.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No reboots at all. Everything is synced, plenty of apps including twitter, and still a-okay.

OP
J

jaxjaggywires

Reaction score
In my case, it has something to do with the Wifi, for sure. At home, I'm on with no issues. Get to work, and it tries to find a wifi connection to connect to and, when it can't find one, it reboots. Turning wifi off stops the rebooting. Not sure if that's a software thing (I would think it would be, to be honest), or a hardware radio thing, but it's definitely my issue.

glenn

Reaction score
In my case, it has something to do with the Wifi, for sure. At home, I'm on with no issues. Get to work, and it tries to find a wifi connection to connect to and, when it can't find one, it reboots. Turning wifi off stops the rebooting. Not sure if that's a software thing (I would think it would be, to be honest), or a hardware radio thing, but it's definitely my issue.

I tend to agree with you on this WiFi thing too. When I left work (and the WiFi connection) it reboots after a few minutes, when I get home to a solid WiFi connection or if I go G3 only, seems to be fine. Still studying this though...

darkmatter

Reaction score
I just got my first reboot.

Before it rebooted, I had zero signal (even got a pop up that no cdma networks were found and if I wanted to switch to global), shortly after the popup I got the random reboot. I was on wifi.

I also noticed that the battery seemed to be draining even though I had it plugged into my computer with charge only.

Drive

Reaction score
I thought mine was the wifi too...so I shutdwon the wifi...the reboots subsided...but then started again. I really believe you have to NOT sync all your stuff from Google. All my contacts came over when I started my mail package so I got that. Most everything data wise was on my memory card anyway.
Love my Droid 3. I think Google really needs to look at upgrade path when users go from an older Droid to the newer one. Legacy apps can hold all kinds of problems.dancedroid

Johnnyb

Reaction score
I've been running for a couple days now on my replacement phone. After I wiped data and chose not to sync I've not had a single reboot issue. I've got many of my applications reinstalled and its still working extremely well.

Happy Droid 3 owner, finally.

Oh yeah, the keyboard frickin rocks! I mean the best on the market. I used to think BB had the market dominated but not now. This this is really comfortable to type on. Im still getting used to the layout so I can quite type by touch yet, but im getting better.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

rushmore

Reaction score
No reboots at all. Everything is synced, plenty of apps including twitter, and still a-okay.

Me neither and have went out of my way to choke the D3. Heavy Flash sites, 150 apps installed, hidef video and anything else that seemed to make the DX2 reboot or lag to the point of needing a reboot. The DX2 rebooted at least twice a day, but none yet with the D3. Key word is Yet.

So far, the D3 rocks.