Random reboots?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by anopy1, Jun 9, 2011.

1. anopy1

anopy1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've done a search and didn't have too much luck. Anyone having issues with your phone randomly rebooting since Gingerbread? I have an unrooted, stock DX. It rebooted 3 times on me yesterday at all random times, and twice each previous day since the update.
  2. jonathon1289

jonathon1289 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What are you doing at the time of the reboots? It is possible the phone is overheating? You may also have some corruption, and need to SBF and then reupdate to GingerBread and restore your stuff.
  3. Beka27

Beka27 Active Member

Ratings:
    +6
    No. It's been flawless. I had more reboot issues with Froyo.

Of course, I was rooted on Froyo and currently am rooted on GB.
  4. yearn

yearn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mine has also rebooted a few times since I did the OTA update. and I did SBF back to froyo and formatted SD card before update. when i notice it the worst is when Im listening to music thru the earbuds or when i connect it to the dock it will occasionally reboot.
    Actually when im listening to music, it just shuts off completly and I have to hold the power button to turn it back on.
    Pretty weird. I just assumed it was a GB bug.
  5. bama29

bama29 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I have had several "random" reboots since installing the OTA Gingerbread. The latest was last night while it was charging. The ring it gives right before preparing the SD card woke me. I had no reboot issues prior to GB. Every reboot so far has been when the phone was in standby...
  6. jonathon1289

jonathon1289 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The only reboot on rooted .596 has been my fault, while overclocking and undervolting the phone testing frequencies. Other than t hat my phone has been rock solid.
  7. fenrisswolf

fenrisswolf Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's rebooted on me twice that I know of, both times shortly after pulling it off the charger in the morning. (It's possible it might have rebooted more times overnight, without my knowledge, as I generally do not turn off my phone.)
    Due to the low number of failures, I had assumed it to be due to a faulty app or two somewhere.
    I've also occasionally had the phone freeze on me a few times on GB, but all of those times I had a lot of apps running concurrently (tweetdeck, browser running flash, lastfm, and music being streamed through the player,) so having the phone choke wasn't entirely unexpected, even if it was a little annoying. Sometimes the freeze clears out after a few seconds, and sometimes it takes a battery pull, but it's not something that'll put me off using my Droid X.
  8. anopy1

anopy1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm, thanks everyone. It rebooted on me 4 times so far today. Mostly while the phone wasn't being used. I already tried a factory reset and it didn't help.
  9. jonathon1289

jonathon1289 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What apps do you have installed and running? It could possibly be an issue with a running app/service.
  10. Dr Fatsides

Dr Fatsides Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Reboots appear to have stopped!

Although my phone rebooted twice after OTA GB (which I considered normal) I haven't had any more random reboots since then, that I've noticed, anyway...(fingers crossed).

I was getting 0-3 random ones a day. Unrooted then and now.

So, hmmmmmmm....
  11. wrightperspective

wrightperspective Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I had issues with reboots in GB because I had the app BUMP installed. Took it off and it was all good. If you have BUMP, try removing it and see what happens. If you don't have BUMP, not sure.
  12. Snow02

Snow02 Active Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Tikl also causes problems apparently.
  13. aDroidman

aDroidman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am having the reboots only when I turn it off. I will hold down the power button select power off. It will power off and then it will turn back on. It happens randomly because it might be right away it turns on or it might be a minutes. Other then this problem I do not have random reboots. I need it to stay off when im in meetings and such any ideas??
  14. samwifi

samwifi New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i have had random reboots as well and mine is GB from and SBF I found. I did this because I SBF'd to froyo and then loaded the rooted GB. I had a ton of problems with the rooted GB (like one day the phone was just overheating and ran the battery down in about 3 hours..) so then I wiped the whole phone and loaded the stock GB SBF. My issues seem to coincide with use of pocket caster and swiftkey x beta, but not always. Should I sbf back to froyo and take the stock update from verizon?
  15. rumblee1

rumblee1 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    You bet. Since gingerbread, my dx random reboots a lot. I want froyo back. Verizon and moto just don't seem to care. Im in the process of getting another phone. Maybe htc.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
Search tags for this page
android gingerbread random phone reboot

android gingerbread random reboot

android gingerbread random restart
android mocordtoid gingerbreadrabdom reboot
android phone sudden reboot gingerbread
bionic randomly restarts when listening to music
gingerbread random reboot fix
gingerbread random restarts
gingerbread rebooting randomly