Random reboots?

Discussion in 'Droid X2 Tech Support' started by Sandso9, May 28, 2011.

1. Sandso9

Sandso9 New Member

Rooted my x2 with gingerbreak and now im getting random reboots anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it.

Sent from my DROID X2
  2. Hybrid_Droid

Hybrid_Droid New Member

I've had mine since the 20th and it has rebooted itself 4 times already (not rooted by the way). Could these occurrences be the phone?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
  3. kookk

kookk New Member

Rooted and never had a reboot. If it continues id try to get a replacement

4. HEMLOCK

HEMLOCK New Member

Ive had mine since the 19th & have not had a single reboot. Im not sure why people are having this problem. Wish i could help more!
  5. Sandso9

Sandso9 New Member

Its been good so far now I got the phone yesterday and its rebooted 4 times since I rooted but hasn't acted up in awhile.

Sent from my DROID X2
  6. Nitroglycerine33

Nitroglycerine33 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

I had a similar issue and I did a factory reset and all was well

7. Hybrid_Droid

Hybrid_Droid New Member

Perhaps i'll do a factory reset as well.

8. zwolf4444

zwolf4444 New Member

So many reboots. And freezes requiring a battery pull. I'm returning mine. Far too many issues. And the screen. Hopefully HTC or Samsung will come out with a decent dual core for VZW. Until then, its back to the Droid 2 for me.
  9. xan

xan New Member

So nice of VRZ/Google/moto to keep the original DX 'random reboot feature' in their second version of the phone.

Some one please remind me why we are paying them each month for being beta testers again?
  10. hendricksfan01

hendricksfan01 New Member

Good afternoon. My wife and I have had the same issue after 1 hour of having the x2. First i had to explain to tech support why and how to fix sd card problem. But they were clueless about rebooting. Told me to do a factory reboot. I said ok but wouldnt that put me right back to the same position (activated with no market apps). i learned along time ago let your phone breath a couple days before cramming a lot of junk in it.

Well i dir and the random rebootings continued. 10 times for my wife yesterday, and 12 for me. Most were just shut off's. Well here we are today and not one reboot. I think i fixed the problem. How, i have no clue. I rooted with gingerbreak. Froze bloat apps with titanium back up. And gave it a back rub. Ok i didnt do the back rub but it has not reset nothing.

I started clicking away at cam, cam corder. Music, just opening apps like crazy the thing blazed right through. Its a beast now.

Oh yeah my wifes rebooted 6 times. She will have to pay me for my genius.

For those who dont want to root. I understand but, its easy and next to retard proof. I mean i did it.
  11. zwolf4444

zwolf4444 New Member

I'm rooted. I froze all the bloatware apps. Still get the random reboots.
  12. hendricksfan01

Hmm. I don't know. Nothing for me today. I've been fixing this stupid netflix issue. Finally got it done. Give it a few and see if it clears up. Seen someone say that systems need to work a week or two to work the bugs out.
  13. Hybrid_Droid

Hybrid_Droid New Member

Well, im still getting random reboots and my phone just shutting off itself. Does it at least once a day. I just got off the phone with tech support and she said it could be a virus from an app I DL'd from the market and suggested a factory reset. Thing is, 90% of the apps on my DX2 are the same apps I had on my HTC Eris. You guys think I should go ahead and to my factory reset?

14. hendricksfan01

Lol. Yeah VZW likes to blame the market. Go ahead and factory reset. Its a PITA I know. But then let your phone runs a couple days without the apps. See if that works. If not call tech again and tell them you have no apps downloaded then see what the excuse is. A little insight according to a VZW tech sup. Guy, the just follow a guide which gives them possible solutions. And they get paid by the call, kinda. This was his words so don't shoot me if its wrong. That's what I would do. My wifes no longer reboots so like I stated previously let the phone breath new air once you get it before loading a bunch of apps on it.
  15. Sandso9

Sandso9 New Member

I haven't had any reboots since I posted this lol but what I did do that night was root and turn on all animations in the display settings once I turned all animations off I stopped getting reboots so you guys might want to see if its on or not.

Sent from my DROID X2
  16. OnoSendi

OnoSendi New Member

Rooted, and removed bloatware. It was perfect last night, however, today it keeps randomly restarting. Only thing different today than yesterday, was I added some music on my external SD card.
  17. Slapper

Slapper New Member

Had my X2 for about a week and I as well was getting random reboots/shutoffs. However in the last 2 day I have not gotten a random anything. Not rooted.
  18. devedsmith

devedsmith New Member

I've never rooted and I get reboots all the time. It's very frustrating.
  19. wykael

wykael New Member

My Droid X2 is not rooted, but randomly restarts. Other times, especially when charging, it locks up with a black screen and won't do anything. Even the power button on top does nothing. Have to pull the battery to get it up and running again. Thought the update would solve it...nope. Went into the store a week ago - did the factory reset and started over - same issue. In fact, tonight, it rebooted twice within 5 minutes, just sitting on the end table next to me doing nothing. Called tech support earlier this afternoon, and they were so surprised mine was acting up, because NOBODY is having the same problem I am. So the warranty replacement phone is supposed to be here tomorrow...we'll see. Apple is looking more and more appealing.
  20. Raven65

Raven65 New Member

I've never rooted and I also get random reboots. I hoped the GB update would fix them, but it didn't. Tried a factory reset after the GB update - and that helped - but didn't eliminate them entirely. I get them when the phone is on the docks (car and multimedia) mostly, but it's also happened a time or two off the dock. You're definitely not alone - and VZW KNOWS this - even if they pretend that they don't.
Search tags for this page

droid x2 random reboots

droid x2 randomly restarts

droid x2 rebooting

droid x2 rebooting fix

droid x2 reboots

droid x2 restarts randomly

how to restart reset droid x2
motorola droid x2 random rebooting
motorola droid x2 reboots
rooted droid x2 restarts randomly
why does my motorola droid x2 reboot itself for no reason