Random Reboots

Discussion in 'Thunderbolt Tech Support' started by lexxon, Mar 26, 2011.

1. lexxon

lexxon New Member

Hi all,

Got the Thunderbolt on launch day since my OG Droid's screen bit the dust on the eve of PAX East (3-day gaming/general nerdiness convention). I picked up the Incredible the next day, returned it for the TB, so I've already paid one $35 restocking fee.

The TB has been pretty good for me so far, but at least 3 times now, I've set the phone down/shut off the screen and when I look back over at it a minute or so later, it's rebooting itself. The first time this happened was last weekend, and now it happened last night and then just now. I don't know of any specific triggers except it seems to happen when the phone gets put to sleep. I disabled Fast Boot after the first reboot but it doesn't seem to make a difference (and the Swype settings are still broken without changing the input device back to stock, then back to swype, after every reboot).

Anyone else have similar issues? I have until Wednesday I imagine to return the phone under the 14-day window (didn't buy any accessories or insurance just yet). I haven't rooted it yet or done anything too drastic minus running LauncherPro instead of Sense for a few days.
  2. Dxun

Dxun New Member

I brought mine in for the same issue. They did a factory reset and it took care of the problem.

Sent from a Bolt of Lightning
  3. Pumaro

Pumaro New Member

Make sure you test it without it being plugged in.
    I had the rebooting issue only when running on battery. Verizon performed a reset on the phone but the issue still existed so Verizon promptly replaced the phone and I have had no more issues. The phone has been great. I have no issues with battery life and I am in Dallas area so its 4G everywhere here. This phone is absolutely the best.
    sent via ThunderBolt
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
  4. matthai5

matthai5 New Member

I have had the same problems. Verizon sent a replacement but I noticed the replacement has a yellow tint to the screen. Has anyone else noticed this issue?
  5. DroidStang

DroidStang New Member

Mine rebooted once on its own and the only thing I did was switch on Fast Boot..never did since then...if you switch that on and off my need to reset itself, who knows?
  6. jimmiem

jimmiem New Member

Mine is rebooting once a day now. Extremely frustrating!!!! I don't know what to do because VZW won't do anything unless they can reproduce the issue, and how do you reproduce a random event on command?