Random reboots (just started this)

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Third time in 2 days. Star wars music from my pocket, reboot for no reason.
What's up with this? I never bought the ghost option. I'm glad it's not my Jeep doing it but... I don't need a buggy phone.

Last edited:

TDL1068

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Sorry to hear that Captain. This hasn't happened to me yet with my Turbo. It happened all the time with my previous Razr Maxx. It can be very frustrating! Hope this is not a sign of what to expect on aging Moto phones....

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Captain. This hasn't happened to me yet with my Turbo. It happened all the time with my previous Razr Maxx. It can be very frustrating! Hope this is not a sign of what to expect on aging Moto phones....
I suppose one frustrating aspect is due to the fact that the Turbo has been so bug free, when it started this I kinda went "What!" No, don't start.......
It was embarrassing because I was in a place I could have done without the obnoxious start up mania sounds emanating from my pocket. A text message blip you can look around and say, "What [dummy]head forgot to turn off his phone" but "I'm a Psycho Robot" is a little hard to pass off.

Last edited by a moderator:

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Might have to try the old fdr trick. Not ideal captain, but it does fix most everything.

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
You Know I'm trying to avoid that like Toe Fungus on Crackers.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I was having some issues...I recently uninstalled updates with the Google keyboard and the lagging and reboots haven't happened since...

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Mine has done self reboot a few times in my pocket also. I have been wondering if I somehow have caused it. Has not done it in a few weeks ( I guess ).

BlueLions81

Reaction score
Don't have a Turbo, but my Maxx has randomly rebooted a couple times without me doing anything. Interesting that it has been happening on the Turbo too.

Sent from my XT1080

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
Same here on my Turbo as well, only twice though in the past month and both times the phone was in my pocket so I don't know if there was problem or a mini update with reboot. The odd thing to me was that my phone was on silent at the time but the boot animation was at full volume. Would not do it if I just restarted it myself, it would stay silent.

TDL1068

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Interesting that many of you who experienced reboots had your phone in your pocket. I wonder if it could have been an accidental power button press (for an extended duration?) while in your pocket....maybe? Just thoughts.

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
I have thought about it being possible to have long pressed the power button in the pocket to have caused the reboot since it hasn't happened outside of my pocket. I feel better thinking that anyway.

Dr.Death

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
It is the beginning of the end for that phone. Mine started doing that and the end result was a bad power switch, physically. But don't tell them that the switch is bad, that is NOT covered under manufacturer warranty. Just tell them it keeps rebooting for no reason.

TDL1068

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
It's the beginning of the end for the Droid Turbo? I seriously doubt that a 8 month old phone is nearing the end of its useful life.... This phone has been and continues to be outstanding in nearly every respect....YRMV. Just my two cents....

Dr.Death

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
It's the beginning of the end for the Droid Turbo? I seriously doubt that a 8 month old phone is nearing the end of its useful life.... This phone has been and continues to be outstanding in nearly every respect....YRMV. Just my two cents....

Its the beginning of the end for THAT phone, not the droid turbo in general. Please read posts.

TDL1068

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I did. I have no idea what phone you're talking about since you didn't quote a previous post...