random reboots/gps apps not working

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by gmen78, Feb 9, 2010.

1. gmen78

gmen78 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hey everybody, since yesterday (rooted and BB since january) I have been getting random reboots and the gps on all my physical fitness apps (fitness apps that can run gps to track distance) will not initialize, even though my actual google maps app works fine. Im rooted, "setcpu" at 800mhz and installed BB, then tried sholes mod updater from market, then went back to BB. I followed install instructions each time as if i was installing a new rom for first time. dont know if installing these rom "on top" of each other without wiping data first is what's causing my problems. any ideas?

2. wil318466

wil318466 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Personally, I would do the clean wipe (clear out cache/system/data folders) and reinstall. This should fix the reboots. Its a known issue.

This fixes the GPS/Maps issues : (copy/pasted from alldroid.org, post is from Pete)

"I believe that is the international version from xda forums, its not for US navigation.

Here is a patcher I just threw together, it will install the map update correctly so no FC happens in other apps [​IMG]

-Click To Download 2/4/10"

-Wil