1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Random rebooting

Discussion in 'Droid 4 Tech Support' started by Syko, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Syko

Syko New Member

For several weeks, I've had this problem. My DROID4 will just start rebooting and I can't figure out why.

Time of day is random. Most days it does it at least once but I've gone thru stretches of 3-4 days when it hasn't happened at all.

While it is doing this reboot, it drops to the droid eye splash screen then gets to the point where it's trying to load the home screen (widgets and such) then drops back to the droid eye splash screen in a loop. This happens until I stop it...and if I don't catch it, the phone becomes super hot to the touch (obviously from the display being on the entire time & multiple power cycles) and my battery depletes severely as a result (@ 50% per hour). To stop the boot loop, I completely power it down and then power it back on. It will then cool down to normal and will work fine until it happens again.

I know something is causing this...some app is trying to start up maybe and creating a conflict. I just can't figure out which one. Anyone else suffering from this or have any ideas where to start looking for a solution? Is there a way to log my phones activities to narrow down some possibilities?

I am still stock 2.3.6 but rooted & have safestrap installed if it matters.

EDIT: Problem solved...updated to ICS.
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
Search tags for this page
android 4 randomly reboots

droid 4 random reboot

droid 4 random restart

droid 4 randomly reboots

droid 4 reboot random
droid 4 restarts randomly
droid 4 spontanious reboot