Random rebooting and/or shutting down

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
just to be safe.... before I try a factory reset.....I have a few questions.

I have astro and backed up all my apps. they are on my SD card in a folder called backup and they are the APK files.

so....

will my apps get loaded on the phone via Google database or will I have to install again via the SD card?

will I have to set up my email accounts ?

what will happen to all my contact, will they get synced via google?

I've had my DROID freeze up a couple times thus far and I had to pull the battery. its forced closed on me several times in the camera app.

-=Jason=-

scarrz

Reaction score
Mine has shut itself off about 3x's thus far and I have had it 2 weeks approx. It would basically go black and holding down the power button would do nothing. I decided to play it safe and went back to verizon store and they replaced it with a new phone (not refurb) since I was still within my 30 day return window. Google synced up all of my contacts and calendar and the android market place picked up all of my paid apps but for the free apps I had to reinstall those. It also updated itself to the 2.01 update since the new phone I received had only 2.0.
I had done a Sprite backup prior to returning it and although it "seemed" to work it put shortcuts on my desktop of all the free apps I had installed and obviously they went nowhere until I reinstalled.
Sprite backup setup the security with the finger swipe of the dots but after a few minutes I noticed that it didn't matter what swipe config I did it accepted it, meaning it did not restore my password back,which is a little disturbing. Of all things it might back up, I would think that could be one of them?

Anyways, long winded answer was the restore process was not entirely painful. I would recommend that if you can return the phone you should because the random reboots and shutting itself off is not acceptable in my book.

**I was a little surprised that Verizon did not have some type of diagnostic software that it could hook up to figure out if something was causing the phone to crash, Rogue App, etc. (A lot like Event viewer for windows).

Last edited: