Random Phone Shut Downs

Discussion in 'Liberty ROM D2' started by Cwagmire, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Cwagmire

Cwagmire New Member

I've had 3 shut downs since downloading 1.5. I did have a couple under 1.0 as well, but what makes it worse is that it won't let me turn it back on for about 1-2 minutes, which when I'm trying to make a call/text, can be an issue.

When I first installed 1.5, I did wipe/clear cache. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there any steps I can follow to fix this?
  2. subsoniic

subsoniic New Member

i to have been having the same problem, i believe other ppl are experiencing the same thing...hopefully this issue will be addressed soon. sorry if that didnt make any sense lol just woke up and now heavily caffeinated
  3. RUKKUS

RUKKUS New Member

Same issue here, running 1.5 with no mods, only Red Gingerbread theme. I thought overclocking was an issue, but I SBF'ed and stop using overclock and the issue still persists.
  4. Quie2Droid

Quie2Droid New Member

I was having the same issues on 1.0 and 1.5. I figured out that my problems were from Lookout Mobile Security. I uninstalled that program and have had no reboots since.
  5. Cwagmire

Cwagmire New Member

Yeah, I got rid of that during 1.0, but still having issues in 1.5.

One of my reboots was when I turned off the screen after I got a Handcent message popup. I really like Handcent and hope I don't have to get rid of it. :(
  6. Quie2Droid

Quie2Droid New Member

I used to have all sorts of problems with Handcent. Quit using it because of it and just live with the stock app. I have mine overclocked with LV 1250 and have no reboots.
  7. ogmios

ogmios New Member

I'm still on 1.0, about to flash 1.5, and having the same issue. Running LauncherPro and Tasker, those are the only apps I can think of that are always running.
  8. jediman

jediman New Member

Unfortunately I think apps are a red herring on this one.
    I had the issue after running 'stock' Liberty 1.5 for 48 hours. Every 48 hours for me on the dot it would do the same thing..lock up, reboot.

Had to go back to Fission for the time being until this gets resolved which is a pitty because I am in love with the Liberty rom.

My only thought on this is could it be due to the memory management scripts? Isn't there some script that manages the memory in this rom? I know its a tweakable option so I'm just curious if this could be causing something? Although it seems odd its pretty consistent around the time when it reboots, almost like there is some sort of watchdog service.....

As soon as this is fixed I'm back on this rom like white on rice...like a hobo on a ham sandwhich...like Kim Jong Il on lunacy...

EDIT: also what about the app compatability setting...is there some older app being built via AOSP that could be causing that reboot?
  9. Cwagmire

Cwagmire New Member

Honestly, I'm still very new to all this root/ROM stuff and a lot of that went over my head, but I hope your post may bring one of the devs to sound off what they think. :)
  10. holmes6

holmes6 New Member

2 days exactly since my install.. just experienced this

I had just pressed the power button to wake the phone, it came on, I may have pressed the power button again, phone went totally dark and unresponsive to power control, opening slider, etc for at least a minute or two

pulled battery, reinserted, booted fine

cannot duplicate with any combination of power button presses, I just mashed it for awhile and screen came on and off faithfully every time
  11. jediman

jediman New Member

Ok devs, where yah at :)
    I am sure you guys are on top of this, but we'd all love to hear your thoughts on this!

I'm trying hard not to get comfortable with Fission so I can come back to Liberty once this is fixed!
  12. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

I just made a comment about the x side of this and how often I see these threads. Well devs, what have you got to say?
  13. Cwagmire

Cwagmire New Member

I have disabled my popup on Handcent and have been rebooting before each time I charge.my phone and haven't had it since.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  14. patmw123

patmw123 New Member

I've come to the conclusion that the stock rom is by far the most stable. I have had zero issues and every custom rom I tried had its own plethora of problems.
  15. phoenixus

phoenixus New Member

By chance are you guys using beautiful widgets? Specifically, the weather only 4x1 widget?
  16. ehedgecock

ehedgecock New Member

Had this problem myself. ROM was solid for a day with the liberty theme, but as soon as I applied another theme, it started rebooting. Switched back to 1.0 and everything is fine again. Was rebooting almost every hour, but now its been solid for two days with no issues.
  17. GeeDee82

GeeDee82 New Member

I have also been having this same problem of random reboots and screen outages with liberty 1.5. I also noticed that the phone was quickly overheating like crazy whenever I spent more than a couple minutes on it. I have flashed a couple other ROMs on my D2 before but never had these problems so frequently, not even on Liberty 1.0. I hardly use any widgets and I've experimented with many different OC voltages and speeds, but nothing seems to resolve the issues. I even wiped it and re-flashed it 3 different times but still nothing. I LOVE the Liberty ROM but it was getting so bad that I had to go back to stock.

I hope this gets this resolved in the next version because I hate rocking a stock D2, but it does seem to be the most stable.
  18. soonster

soonster New Member

I've also reverted back to liberty 1.0, no issues for the past 5 days.
  19. Cwagmire

Cwagmire New Member

I find the stock to to be very slow. If it didn't have so much blur.and.was vanilla android, I would probably use stock more.

Still no reboot so maybe I solved my own problem. Are others still having it?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  20. jediman

jediman New Member

Yes..stock SUCKS all together, and actually it's not that stable..its just seemingly stable cause its locked down. Battery manager still force closes when I look at whats been running and I occasionally get the reboot upon using the SD card in mass storage, etc. It's also HORRIBLY slow thanks to motoblur. Stock was bearable this weekend thanks to ADW and a good Tron Legacy theme, but beyond that I couldn't stand it so I went right back to Liberty this morning.

I'm guessing the issue of random reboots is the memory scripts..raised mine to 75..will try 100 if need be. I'm wondering if its killing a system task by accident when trying to free up memory which in turn could cause a reboot since its forcing it via root permissions.
Search tags for this page

android lookout crashing

android restarts because of lookout
can the app lookout app shut down the phone

lookout app causing phone to restart

lookout causes phone tp restart

lookout causing phone shutdown
lookout crashes phone

lookout crashing android

lookout makes phone restart

lookout reboots phone

lookout security causes my galaxy s3 to crash