random notification sounds

jayman350

Reaction score
Ever since I flashed over to ICS I will randomly and sporadically get a notification sound, but there is never an icon in the notification bar, no alarms set, no unread text messages/emails/missed calls, etc, etc. My phone was just sitting in front of me with the screen off when I get a nice loud "DROOOIIIID" but nothing to actually let me know what set off the notification.

anyone else experiencing this? does anyone know of a way to find out what is tripping the notification?

its not a big deal, just an annoyance that I would love to be able to fix

67cuda

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem with my razr, still haven't figured it out, random notification sound always in 2 or 3s, no icon, occasional green led, ???????? let us know if you find anything,

OP
jayman350

jayman350

Reaction score
still haven't come across anything, but I'm still looking.

i thought i may have found the culprit with my Xfinity connect app, it had notifications turned on, but i turned them off and i'm still getting the randoms. i am yet to see a notification light, its only been sound so far.

good luck with your search as well

67cuda

Reaction score
I kind of worked around it by setting the default notification to silent. Then set all other apps individually. So far so good but it still bugs me not knowing what it is.

AllyGirl13

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. Verizon people couldn't tell me anything about it... And its the Razr

bbucks36

Reaction score
i know you probably tried this..turn the battery notification off.. turn off roaming banner..and network lost..?

foobula

Reaction score
Same problem here. It didn't happen for the first couple of months after upgrading to ICS, but has happened at least a few times a day for the past couple of weeks.

bionic207

Reaction score
Its only happened to me 2 times. Both the same sound but I've never heard the sound before nor can I find it on my phone.

dzmodelman

Reaction score
random "DROOOOIIIID"

It's the Yahoo email app...

perhaps for some. i don't use that app, and i'm still getting the phantom notifications in SAFE MODE. i'd really like to avoid a factory reset. any additional info?

thanks!
-dz

foobula

Reaction score
In my case I'm pretty sure it was the Hotmail app. It was set to give a notification sound. I changed it to silent and no more phantom notifications

dzmodelman

Reaction score
notification issues

my notifications have been screwy for a few weeks, now. and i've never used that app, so it's got no bearing on my issues.

sometimes, i'll get the flashing light, but no audio, when new e-mails come in. often, tho, i'll get both for texts and FB silliness.

but recently, it's been blowing up with audio & green-light notifications for no reason. just to blow up. i'm holding off on the factory-reset, worst-case-scenario, no-one-knows-what's-wrong-with-your-phone, and-it-might-do-it-again-next-week-BS-solution, because it's BS. and it'll take me a few days to get it all back to normal.

i'm hoping someone knows something.

anyone?.....

anyone?.....

Bueller?.....

Frye?....

kellym

Reaction score
I'm having a different issue which I posted yesterday and haven't received a response to. As you've said, nothing major, but seriously annoying. When I get an alert in my status bar, it's always valid, I normally swipe down from status bar to see what it is (email, facebook, etc.) Then touch alert I want to go to to launch application. Now when I first swipe down, all of the status items jump around, switch order and I literally have to wait several seconds for the screen to quiet down before I can do anything. Very annoying as it happens all day and I cannot figure out why an it's a waste of time. No new apps loaded. Any thoughts? Thanks.