Random d2g reboots

hammerhead

Reaction score
The wifes d2g reboots randomly. It has never been rooted or moded at all. Yet it freezes and reboots any thoughts? Running 2.4.330.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Jonas

Reaction score
Usually a random reboot is due to an app you have installed. And I'm guessing your wife has installed atleast one non-stock app. Its a real pain to sit and delete each one, run the phone for a while, and check for reboots, until you figure out which one it is. But as far as I know there is no software issue with the actual phone, if it has not been rooted/modified in anyway from the stock setup from your carrier.

SJWackness

Reaction score
My resets at least once a day, sometimes upwards of five to ten times. I've not modded it.

Stefan82

Reaction score
Is it possible to update your D2G to 4.5.607 via the OTA? It solved that problem for me.

Also what apps have you installed from the market? I'll try to help since I have coke across a few bad apps myself.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL (rooted) using DroidForums

Jonas

Reaction score
Generally speaking the very popular apps such as facebook, and heavily downloaded apps such as the popular launcher apps won't cause these problems, as they would lose a lot of downloads if it did. Check some of your less downloaded apps. Also, check the reviews of the apps, that's where id look.