Random colored pixeled screen??

erydzewski

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
Has anyone else had this happen? It happens randomly and can last for a few minutes at a time. It won't restart or shut down or anything. Software issues? Hardware issue? Haven't went to Verizon yet but I have no idea. . . . .

Attachments

• Attach13940_20161028_202311.jpg
    Attach13940_20161028_202311.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 180

rocknroller77

Reaction score
Yup.... Happened to me.

Did ya drop it? What I think it is, is separation of the LCD and the chip... Because when I pressed on the screen it returned back to normal.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
E

erydzewski

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
Purchased it used off of swappa. In most condition. Should I contact Verizon or Motorola? My fear is that it will permanent stop working right after a year!

rocknroller77

Reaction score
Purchased it used off of swappa. In most condition. Should I contact Verizon or Motorola? My fear is that it will permanent stop working right after a year!
If it's due to a drop, sadly you're sol.... Unless you have TEC from VZW they might cover it. 200$ is 200$

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
E

erydzewski

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
Even if there's no physical damage and within its 1 year warranty?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
If it's less than a year old, vzw or Motorola may cover it. Contact both to find out.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I was thinking that too, but unless you're the original owner, neither will cover it under stock warranty. Best bet is if the OP purchased the additional insurance.

S5 tap'n

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I was wondering that too but I did get a free warranty replacement on a phone I bought off eBay via Verizon. It was a few years ago. I was very surprised. I told them it was purchased used from eBay because I did not want it to end up biting me in the deriair. They said it didn't matter because it was less than a year old. I wouldn't be surprised if that policy has changed but it's worth a try.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Has anyone else had this happen? It happens randomly and can last for a few minutes at a time. It won't restart or shut down or anything. Software issues? Hardware issue? Haven't went to Verizon yet but I have no idea. . . . .
Dude. Is your birthday right on your profile? If so, were birthday buddies!

Sorry to derail the thread a bit, but I just noticed.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Unless Moto has changed their warranty, it's 12 months for the first User that activates the phone. If the previous owner never activated the phone you would still have the original 12 month warranty. If they did then the Moto warranty does not transfer. I've been asked that question when selling a brand new phone on Swappa, and have asked the seller that when buying a phone there that was listed as New. I think there is a spot on their website where you can check to see if the warranty is still good, if you have an account with them. I'll see if I can find the link.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Dude. Is your birthday right on your profile? If so, were birthday buddies!

Sorry to derail the thread a bit, but I just noticed.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Sorry for the added derail but... Happy Late Birthday, you two!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Unless Moto has changed their warranty, it's 12 months for the first User that activates the phone. If the previous owner never activated the phone you would still have the original 12 month warranty. If they did then the Moto warranty does not transfer. I've been asked that question when selling a brand new phone on Swappa, and have asked the seller that when buying a phone there that was listed as New. I think there is a spot on their website where you can check to see if the warranty is still good, if you have an account with them. I'll see if I can find the link.

Thanks Sajo! Good information. I wonder what Verizon's policy is currently.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks Sajo! Good information. I wonder what Verizon's policy is currently.

Good question. It's been a few years since I owned a phone that was not a custom Moto Maker model. When I had issues with my Razr M and called Verizon support they verified that I was covered under the original Moto warranty, and then sent me a replacement phone. If I was the OP I would definitely call Verizon and ask. It can't hurt to ask. I was just sharing what I beleive to be true about the warranty when buying a used phone.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yes, my son has a custom Moto Maker Turbo (last year's release). He had to have it replaced once via Moto. I had the Razr M. Gave it to my son when I got a Note. He had to have it replaced before the years' warranty was up and Verizon replaced it. He wasn't the first that was activated on it but he is a line on my account, so that may make a difference.