Random Closes (NOT FCing) and sometimes wont open

shakesbrice22

Reaction score
It usually only happens with internet or facebook apps. Sometimes when I open either of those apps it begins loading the first page then randomly closes. It doesn't bring up a force close message or anything just quits. It keeps doing this till I set my phone down and leave it for a bit, after awhile it usally works. Othertimes I will be using one or the other and it will just randomly close. When I bring it up again it it wont have the same page on it, it starts in the begining all over again. Now, I have tried wiping cache (I always wipe x3) and also factory reset. I have flashed many different roms and still this problem persists. I have also tried using and not using task manager and also auto memory manager. Also, I have used many different internets and the stock internet and still it persists. I am currently running Bugless Beast v.4, Luna theme, 1.2 Ghz ulv kernel (for some reason my phone seems to run better with ulv kernels).

To me this problem seems simple enough. Somehow these programs are being closed by the rom task manager and are having their cache wiped. Interesting enough other apps will work when these are being testy. I am thinking it may be something 3G releated (I always have full 3G coverage so don't bother with that). I could also venture to guess I have a bad app somewhere so I could try getting rid of all my apps and adding them slowly but I thought I would wait till someone could answer. I am a noob but I do understand quite a bit from reading forum after forum in the last few months but can't find this problem answered. Please help because I seriously am thinking about unrooting and giving up on this all together.

Last edited:
OP
S

shakesbrice22

Reaction score
I started this same one in another thread because I forgot to tag this one. sorry

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
It usually only happens with internet or facebook apps. Sometimes when I open either of those apps it begins loading the first page then randomly closes. It doesn't bring up a force close message or anything just quits. It keeps doing this till I set my phone down and leave it for a bit, after awhile it usally works. Othertimes I will be using one or the other and it will just randomly close. When I bring it up again it it wont have the same page on it, it starts in the begining all over again. Now, I have tried wiping cache (I always wipe x3) and also factory reset. I have flashed many different roms and still this problem persists. I have also tried using and not using task manager and also auto memory manager. Also, I have used many different internets and the stock internet and still it persists. I am currently running Bugless Beast v.4, Luna theme, 1.2 Ghz ulv kernel (for some reason my phone seems to run better with ulv kernels).

To me this problem seems simple enough. Somehow these programs are being closed by the rom task manager and are having their cache wiped. Interesting enough other apps will work when these are being testy. I am thinking it may be something 3G releated (I always have full 3G coverage so don't bother with that). I could also venture to guess I have a bad app somewhere so I could try getting rid of all my apps and adding them slowly but I thought I would wait till someone could answer. I am a noob but I do understand quite a bit from reading forum after forum in the last few months but can't find this problem answered. Please help because I seriously am thinking about unrooting and giving up on this all together.
Does this problem persist when your hooked into wifi? Maybe what's happening is the 3g isn't strong enough... how's your signal?

OP
S

shakesbrice22

Reaction score

Does this problem persist when your hooked into wifi? Maybe what's happening is the 3g isn't strong enough... how's your signal?

Signal strength is really good. Always have perfect 3g. I had the problem before the i updated to the C_01.43.01P baseband as well so I know its nothing to do with that. When it happens I just restart the phone and it seems to work just fine. Frustrated I am so.

playtime

Reaction score
I was having the SAME EXACT prob you were having for the first few hours into my day. Searched and only came up with to "fix permissions" in my ROM.. didn't fix it... (had to read your entire post about 5 words at a time before the page would fully load and close on me lol)... You didn't happen to delete your flash player by any chance..? I downloaded flash 10.3 from the marketplace and hasnt done it since.! Hope this helps!

Unless it's a busybox issue..?

Last edited:

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums! Kind of an old post to repond to... love my answer though, not sure where i was going with it.

playtime

Reaction score
Haha thanks, wow I never even noticed I was raising the dead on this one.. oops.