Random calling and texting

grgguy

Reaction score
Girlfriends X2 has started to call and text randomly ? It happens when just siiting on the counter on seat of her car. Not when charging (I know 3rd party chargers have caused problems in the past with other Moto devices).
Any Ideas on what could be causing this ?
Thanks in advance !

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
I need more information than that. Has it been dropped, does it have water damage, does it have a cracked screen, is it rooted, is it running any custom roms, etc;

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

OP
grgguy

grgguy

Reaction score
I need more information than that. Has it been dropped, does it have water damage, does it have a cracked screen, is it rooted, is it running any custom roms, etc;

Ok , umm No, But hey if you know something than by all means please share it .

Maybe this will help . It also sends multiple texts. She will text me and I will get the same message 3-4x and when I send her a message she will receive it 2-3x

Thanks in advance !

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I just cleaned up a post in here... if people are trying to help you... even IF they're wrong.. they've gone out of their way to HELP you... remember that... thank you. :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The random texts and calls, are they to people on the speed dial list? People she's called before??

The texts, are they repeats of texts she previously sent?

EDIT::

The text message issue is the the network... that I know for sure... now the calls...

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The x2 is a buggy device. . Mine has had absolutely no issues... but I've heard of all sorts of other issues for some owners..

Try a battery pull.. see if this continues.. as far as the texts... that's a network issue.

I'd call vzw and let em know.

Is your gf's device rooted and rom'd?

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
grgguy said:
Thank you for the link . Also if you find any more please post them. .
I meant no offense with my comment last night and I'm sorry if I offense was taken .

Its no problem, and ill definitely keep looking

OP
grgguy

grgguy

Reaction score
The x2 is a buggy device. . Mine has had absolutely no issues... but I've heard of all sorts of other issues for some owners..

Try a battery pull.. see if this continues.. as far as the texts... that's a network issue.

I'd call vzw and let em know.

Is your gf's device rooted and rom'd?

No, I haven't rooted her phone . I also had an X2. Mine never had this problem. That's why I'm stumped. I'm starting to believe it's a network issue( the multiple texting ) as you stated and as the previous link suggests.
What about the phantom phone calls and texting, have you heard of this before ?

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
grgguy said:
No, I haven't rooted her phone . I also had an X2. Mine never had this problem. That's why I'm stumped. I'm starting to believe it's a network issue( the multiple texting ) as you stated and as the previous link suggests.
What about the phantom phone calls and texting, have you heard of this before ?

Try calling Verizon and see if other people have also had this problem

krashdragon

Reaction score
Verizon sucks.

Yes, samd problem... multiple texts, and I even called a couple of people they were from and they said they had only sent one msg.
problem, is I'm getting charged for those multiple texts! had $15 in text overages!
I had 2(or maybe 3) text apps, if a text shows up on the one that came with my phone (not rooted) and on the fake apple app, and there may be a 3rd text app somewhere i can't find, then I get charged for all of those! and the multiples!
I have at least 2 texts from last Aug... stupidly deleled most of the repeats.... talking to customer service, syas, go to the store and show them the multiples and we'll talk them, off the bill... hey folks, how many multiple texts and I suppopsed to keep? My phone wouldn't been totally out of memory by now.
Old phone, Droid R2D2....but since I have a couple of notebooks and netbooks, dont' see any reason to go to 4G.
Faster? Hmm... dont' watch network tv anyway, only like a few movies, and I don't see any reason to upgrade just to watch more commercials.
Think I'll just buy a plain old Kindle next.
mary