Random Apps Oppening at random times?

Deano2423

Reaction score
So I noticed for no reason at all apps/processes will open even when I have previously closed them with advanced task manager. Now I understand some apps/processes need to be used at certain times, but some apps open that just doesn't make sense, like the youtube app, facebook app, shop savy and alarm clock apps, etc. all or some open at random times and will just be running in the background and I won't even know it unless I check ATM.

Is there anyway to prevent this? I feel like it's probably a contant drain on my battery.

Thanks in advance

Zynix

Reaction score
Some apps like alarm clock, settings, gmail, and messaging always run in the background and use very little battery/ram. They would probably use more battery by constantly killing them and the system having to restart them when needed.

Things like youtube, facebook and shopsavvy may start if you have a widget for them, update them, or possibly they have been called/opened by another program you recently ran.

It may also be 'ghost keypresses', which can be caused by aftermarket/non-oem chargers.

Just a few possibilities, good luck,

Laurence5905

Reaction score
If you're concerned about apps using battery life, go to the Settings | About Phone | Battery Use. It will list every app that has used any battery power at all since you unplugged the phone. If the app's not listed, it's not using your battery.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let me guess. You use to own a Blackberry, right? Droid doesn't work like Blackberry. No need to worry about background apps, see the sticky at the top of this thread.