1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

ran into mike today!

Discussion in 'MIKRADLE' started by beepbloop, Jul 13, 2010.

1. beepbloop

beepbloop New Member

i sell wireless phones inside the costco in ocean, nj and by chance mike stopped by and we had a chat. it was quite a suprise to learn about the sweet phone docks he makes right here in new jersey! he also told me about how he supports the droid community with contests and whatnot, which is pretty cool. anyways, thanks for stopping by mike, hopefully i can get you a droid x to measure for your dock :]

- jack
  2. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Mike is a good guy and makes a nice cradle. I have one here at my computer desk.
  3. cuskit

cuskit New Member

My Vote for Employee of the Month - Jack - User Name bleepbloop!

Jack - happy to see you here on the forums! It was my pleasure to sit and chat with you for an hour - I'm very much impressed by your "geek" knowledge! I'll be in tomorrow to get the specs on the Droid X from you - and I'm looking forward to giving you my phone to root and max out with all the geekiness goodies you can handle! ;)

For those on the forums - I met Jack (user name beepbloop) yesterday and have to say he is one helluva nice guy! Way over qualified to be selling these phones - he should be employed by Motorola to be writing his own roms, etc..! I was blown away with his knowledge and very much impressed with his most likable demeanor and customer service qualities. He certainly has a very good handle on life and his humor is matched only by his technical "know how". I'm counting myself as a very lucky guy to have bumped into him, and look forward to dedicating more time to get to know him better.

He has offered to supply me with a Droid X for photographing as well as grabbing measurements/sizing/specs etc for my manufacturing purposes. This is above and beyond the normal scope of CS shown by the average VZW stores. I anticipate a very "custom" Evolution in the works to show him my gratitude! Of course, at the moment I'm scrambling to get out a huge backlog of orders, which should all be on track by Saturday. Finally - a light at the end of the tunnel! :)

Meanwhile - Jack - it was MY PLEASURE! :) mikey

Vulcan - thanks for the compliment! You're still sitting amongst the top in my book of nice guys! :)
  4. beepbloop

beepbloop New Member

Ahh, I'm actually not going to be in tomorrow, only sunday :[ I'll let my coworker know to give you one of our mock phones though, we did get an extra one in. I also managed to get my hands on one of the 6 droid x's we got today, very impressive device! They sold out so quickly. Just need to spend hours getting it set up just like my old droid, hah. Thanks again for the kind words, i'm more of an end-user than a programmer though, making roms could be in my future however :]
  5. cuskit

cuskit New Member

Jack - thanks a lot! I'll be stopping in tonight to pick that up. Meanwhile - I'll be back Sunday to see you. Thanks again my friend! :)

I'm hearing reports all over that the X is selling out. Geez. May have to buy an iPhone... :icon_ banana::icon_ banana:mikey
  6. A.Brooks

A.Brooks New Member

Looking forward to mine, been a while, but I'm still excited.