Rampage vs Evans

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone watching this PPV fight?

My money is on Evans.
I'm waiting until July 3 to watch the heavyweight unification fight. Carwin hopefully will win.

As far as Evans vs. Rampage, before Ultimate Fighter, I loved Rampage, after seeing the season and how he acted as coach I'm going to say Evans now.

OP
bamfsig45

bamfsig45

Reaction score
That's exactly one of my reasons for choosing Evans. I thought he had a lot more class on the show. But I also think he has the better speed and skill over all. Rampage is more of a brawler.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I was watching the live stream on channelsurfing.net but the link went down temporarily for now...:icon_evil:
anyways, Hathaway rocked Diego Sanchez with a wicked knee in the first round and Sanchez barely held on til the end of the round... and i mean 'BARELY'!!!

OP
bamfsig45

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Hathaway definitely deserved that win, completely controlled the fight. Diego's hands were dropped most of the fight, kept getting caught by that right.

issues636

Reaction score
the rampage/evans fight was horrible. definitely not worth all the hype. i wanted evans to win, and he did, but i'll still admit the fight sucked. they shoulda walked in the octagon the second that fight ended and announced a rematch.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
the rampage/evans fight was horrible. definitely not worth all the hype. i wanted evans to win, and he did, but i'll still admit the fight sucked. they shoulda walked in the octagon the second that fight ended and announced a rematch.
To be honest, the whole UFC card was less than stellar. I was bored with the Bisbing fight and was really bored with the Rampage-Evans fight. Except for a little bit on the ground when Rampage hurt Evans, it was all a boring boxing match. What happened to these Brazilian Ju Jitzu guys who love the ground games like GSP? It was very obvious Rampage was not ready for that fight, and apparently he had to lose 30 pounds very quickly.

issues636

Reaction score
To be honest, the whole UFC card was less than stellar. I was bored with the Bisbing fight and was really bored with the Rampage-Evans fight. Except for a little bit on the ground when Rampage hurt Evans, it was all a boring boxing match. What happened to these Brazilian Ju Jitzu guys who love the ground games like GSP? It was very obvious Rampage was not ready for that fight, and apparently he had to lose 30 pounds very quickly.

yeah you're right the whole card was pretty bad. half the time Evans had Rampage against the gate nothing happened for like a minute straight, and then it's broken up. that was basically the whole fight... i think Evans got pretty tired when he had Rampage on the floor for that minute or so, which is why Rampage got that little bit in the third round. and those were the only two interesting parts. i was pretty disappointed all night. like Diego shoulda put up a WAY better fight against Hathaway, and yeah the Bisbing fight was pretty boring too.

one of the only interesting things that came out of it was the knee to the body in the Guillard/Lowe fight.

OP
bamfsig45

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Glad Evans won, but you're right, not a very exciting fight. Wish I didn't fork out the cash for it, oh well. No way for me to know it wouldnt have been a knock down drag out war we were all expecting.

issues636

Reaction score
Glad Evans won, but you're right, not a very exciting fight. Wish I didn't fork out the cash for it, oh well. No way for me to know it wouldnt have been a knock down drag out war we were all expecting.

that's exactly why i'll NEVER pay to watch a UFC fight. it's way too unpredictable. i just go to my local bar, throw back a few beers and enjoy the fight. they broadcast all the fights, all the basketball games, all the baseball games. it's great :p