Rambling by me.

Coots

Reaction score
First I just want to say, during my following of this forum about the Galaxy I've seen several people talk about this p3droid guy, so I started following him. I enjoyed it at first. Kept up with the device some of his antics was funny etc. Here the last few days he's took a big dive for me. Posting links to videos 'rick rollin' people and all that. It's like ... thanks but... no thanks. Anyway, off of that subject.

I've been waiting for this phone to release since, well, all of you guys have lol. At this point it's almost like 'what's the point' anymore. I want the phone, can't get any LEGITIMATE news about it from any reliable source... so at this point, why not just wait for some of the better phones that they say will be launching early next year?

I don't know, just my feelings right now are, they've made me kind lose my luster for the device. I was so jacked up and ready for it, now I'm just torn and thinking I'm still going to wait until next year. And here's the kicker, I'm still on the OG Droid, my charging port is broken, so every night I have to take my battery out and put it in one of those battery chargers, phone still runs good though. Just moved to Steel Droid 9.0.

Even with having to do that, can't charge through charging port, can't move files etc through usb, I'm still thinking I'll wait....

Sorry for the ramble... what's all of your feelings at this point?

nbucko

Reaction score
I was just like you. So excited and following every bit of news i could find in the nexus. Now I'm still interested but I don't get all upset when a new rumor pushing the potential relaxed day back comes out.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't say the lack of information has turned me away. Obviously it would be nice to hear something from Verizon, but honestly they don't ever give us information, we get rumors leaked from people on the inside. This release is no different, Verizon isn't saying anything because they don't want to officially delay the phone if they don't have to.

I don't see myself waiting until next year to get a new phone, I'm using an OG as well, but what makes you think Verizon will get out the phones they're "supposed" to have out by early next year? It could be the same process all over again. So no, I'll be getting the Nexus the day it comes out, which looks like sometime between today and December 8th.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree with you. And I think I'd be off the nexus bandwagon myself if it wasnt for the fact that its pure ICS. That's really the only thing that's keeping me wanting this phone regardless of all the frustration surrounding its release.

wolstonc

Reaction score
I agree with you. And I think I'd be off the nexus bandwagon myself if it wasnt for the fact that its pure ICS. That's really the only thing that's keeping me wanting this phone regardless of all the frustration surrounding its release.

Exactly. If it wasn't pure, i wouldn't care anymore

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

powerwagon

Reaction score
First I just want to say, during my following of this forum about the Galaxy I've seen several people talk about this p3droid guy, so I started following him. I enjoyed it at first. Kept up with the device some of his antics was funny etc. Here the last few days he's took a big dive for me. Posting links to videos 'rick rollin' people and all that. It's like ... thanks but... no thanks. Anyway, off of that subject.

I've been waiting for this phone to release since, well, all of you guys have lol. At this point it's almost like 'what's the point' anymore. I want the phone, can't get any LEGITIMATE news about it from any reliable source... so at this point, why not just wait for some of the better phones that they say will be launching early next year?

I don't know, just my feelings right now are, they've made me kind lose my luster for the device. I was so jacked up and ready for it, now I'm just torn and thinking I'm still going to wait until next year. And here's the kicker, I'm still on the OG Droid, my charging port is broken, so every night I have to take my battery out and put it in one of those battery chargers, phone still runs good though. Just moved to Steel Droid 9.0.

Even with having to do that, can't charge through charging port, can't move files etc through usb, I'm still thinking I'll wait....

Sorry for the ramble... what's all of your feelings at this point?

My thoughts dead on. I have lost almost all excitement for this phone...especially after hearing some of our friends across the ponds complaints starting to trickle in. I'll hold on to my Bionic for a bit more.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Briankbl

Reaction score
Why couldn't the SGS2 have just come out on Verizon? Still ticks me off...

Sent using common sense.

Hooch0903

Reaction score
I'm pretty well over the phone...if the razr or resound? had unlocked bootloader I'd be all over it...I just need a new phone, my D1 is pretty well done. I'm at the point that as much as I want the Nexus, ICS and the bootloader might not be worth the problems they're having. Might be time to suck it up and just get a phone...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i want this phone upgrade sitting in my back pocket but i may wait another 6 months for phone i want .. i want unlocked bootloader, prefer moto, dockable into laptop or tablet. removable storage and battery .. that is it . i would pre order 3 today :mad:

kidserious

Reaction score
i want this phone upgrade sitting in my back pocket but i may wait another 6 months for phone i want .. i want unlocked bootloader, prefer moto, dockable into laptop or tablet. removable storage and battery .. that is it . i would pre order 3 today :mad:

Moto and an unlocked bootloader? Good luck with that.

Meh

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yes the wait and lack of confirmed details are frustrating, but that's the nature of following technology so closely, like many of us do on this forum.

Something as big as this has high expectations, and those expectations dwindle especially when we don't get the product in our hands within a few weeks of announcement. This is when I compare it to Apple, Apple's reveals are usually only a week or two from a release day. Because of this and how no matter where we are, EVERYONE pays attention to Apple and expects other companies such as Google to follow. Apple knows how to push a product and they do it darn well, this is something no other company has been able to keep up with, Apple's marketing is top notch.

Where Apple gave confirmed release date for the 4s, we're left in the dark with as many as 10 rumored release dates for the Nexus. It's frustrating to be kept in the dark, especially about something like this that could change the mobile industry (imho), and it's not fair to consumers. All we want is a confirmed release date so we can mark our calendars and have something to look forward to, but instead we find ourselves looking towards future dates with no reliability around it. I'm still going to wait, as this is the phone I want for sure, but I too am getting tired of getting the "run around".

Latest rumor is Dec. 8, but I remember from the Engadget show that it would be available to us before the end of Nov. I hope this is right as it was the same guy who presented it at the unveil (don't know his name)

rmart88

Reaction score
The only thing about waiting for the next great phone is.... you will be put in the same situation with that one! Its not like the GNex is the first phone this has happened to, i know we all remember the Bionic's launch ridiculousness! you will go just as crazy waiting for that next phone as you are while waiting for this phone. no point in waiting even longer just because you are tired of waiting :)

GoBears

Reaction score
Don't forget that even thought the bootloaders locked we can still flash custom roms and all kinds of goodies thanks to bootstrap. The locked bootloader is just keeping us out of the kernel and radio and both have been greatly improved through the leaks. I'm hoping the OTA pushes and cures my Bionic so I forget all about the GNex. Once the Bionic get Sandwiched it's going to be a BEAST. That all said, I'm still going to get a GNex just because I want to but my Bionic is staying as well.

EVSP

Reaction score
I feel the same way about this as most do, too. I'm so frustrated by (seemingly) different info every day or every other day... or bad info here or undesirable quirks there... but that's true about every phone, I suppose. I'm very interested in the GN as well but I think I'm at that point now where I don't even want to research another shred of info until on or after December 8th. I'll go back to reading all the D1 threads and messing with mine until then, I think. I've had my D1 now for a while and I literally just earned my NE2 discount yesterday. I haven't even considered looking for another phone up until the past few months.. there was no point even looking for a new phone until I could actually get my hands on one... for me, once I set my sights on something, I'll usually go out and get it but this (my) anticipation for the GN is redonkulous.

I could get the Razr... no, just not interested in it... I could get the Rezound... I just can't seem to get on board with HTC stuff.. I don't know why.. it just seems so, meh... I guess if I went to a VSW store and messed with one, I might have a different opinion but it's not really what I want - it would be an impulse buy just to get a new phone, I think... I really really don't want the iPhone 4s or any version thereof - I have an iPod Touch 4 and aside from Siri and making calls and texts outside of wifi, I can do what the iPhone can do with my iPod... plus, IMO, iOS is ...well... boring (gasp!)... no disrespect to those who like iStuff :).. I literally just learned how to root my phone a few weeks ago and I'm having a blast with that... although, I can't seem to get all the bugs worked out with any ROM (yes, even BB), but that comes from inexperience thus far, I think... and since I just learned (and am still learning) how to do the root/ROM stuff, why would I take a step back with phones that don't (yet) give me that option?

It looks like I'm stuck in the same boat with everyone else... waiting (impatiently) for the GN... whenever that might be... I think I'll have to stay away from the GN forums here .. the pain and suffering is too much to endure ..lmao... :D