[RAM Tweak] ~ Free Up More RAM, Make Apps Load Faster ~

Discussion in 'Steel Droid' started by BrUhNiGGs, Feb 27, 2012.

1. RockmanSolo

RockmanSolo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Tried it out on my OG Droid and man what a difference. Thanks again for the ram tweak!

2. BrUhNiGGs

BrUhNiGGs Member

Ratings:
    +2
    No problem :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

3. bigeasy911

bigeasy911 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    One thing from running a few tests is the number of apps you have on your system whether in use or not has a direct effect on how much it bogs down these D1s. Even with a sep app/swap sd parts. As I loaded the last update of SD10rc3 I only reloaded just the apps I actual use on any kind of reg basis. The rest I simply store the .apk in my apps folder I created on my SD card. Then if ever I need them its a 30 second process and I am up and running. I find this better for me then trying to do a net download of the apk as there are times I am without data connection where I travel and its faster regardless.

I have noticed a big effect on lag issues. Further I have my D1 scheduled to do a reboot each night while I sleep and its on the charger. I am running a 32g class 4 SD running both an ext4 apps and a 128mb swap partition.

Another thing is that some installed programs even thought they are on the SD cards ext4 apps part and tech not running I think they must have some effect on a service that is running or something to that effect as the more you have at a point it starts to effect perf. I of course could be way off on this but its a SWAG.

#99 bigeasy911, Apr 4, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  4. metalspring

metalspring Silver Member

Ratings:
    +24
    soooo BrUhNiGGs, how does this work on the galaxy nexus?? I just checked my delivery status and apparently my gnex is only 50 miles away (maybe i'll get a nice early morning delivery DancingNexus)

5. metalspring

Ratings:
    +24
    And behold the first post from a galaxy nexus lol...I can't wait to make the jump to rooting

6. BrUhNiGGs

BrUhNiGGs Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I actually havent tried it. I just feel like there isnt much needed for the Gnex. It has a lot of ram already and you will be amazed of how much apps can run in the background simultaneously. And I would recommend Wug's root toolkit over at galaxynexusforums. Running AOKP 4.0.4 running awesome :biggrin:

7. Durandgir

Durandgir Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So the good news is my parents decided on for my graduation gift is going to be the Nexus. which means I gotta wait even longer for a new phone lol But it shall be worth it.

8. metalspring

Ratings:
    +24
    the nexus is SOOOOOOOOO worth it from the og, and i havent even rooted yet...its like comparing a calculator to a top quality gaming laptop

9. Durandgir

Durandgir Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I was playing with it in the verizon store today and the whole time I was just all 0.o it's soooo smooth what is this black sorcery?!

10. BrUhNiGGs

BrUhNiGGs Member

Ratings:
    +2
    When the first time I tried it, which was last Sunday (the day I picked it up) it looked sooo HD. It looked like a print under the screen. As soon as I got it, I was actually kind of afraid to root it lol. It just felt too good to be even need to be rooted but then I decided to do it or else I'll get bored of it unless im constantly flashing a new rom every weekend or so.

11. BrUhNiGGs

BrUhNiGGs Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Look at the bright side, at least your not a getting a Bionic. Lol. The forums for it seem so dead. I think the OG forums were more alive than it.

But again, another 2 months is just too long.

#107 BrUhNiGGs, Apr 5, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  12. Scimino

Scimino Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Whats is so bad about the bionic? I dont get it I have one and it is probably the best smart phone i ever owned. I rarely ever have issues. What the battery dies too quick? All smart phones die quick aside from the maxx or extended battery. But seriously for less then a hundred dollars u can get a rezound or bionic.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Search tags for this page
android ram tweaks
how to make videos load faster on android
ram tweak android
ram tweak xda
ram tweaks android
ram tweaks for android
terminal emulator tweaks

tweak ram android

tweak ram android xda
tweak ram xda