[RAM Tweak] ~ Free Up More RAM, Make Apps Load Faster ~

Discussion in 'Steel Droid' started by BrUhNiGGs, Feb 27, 2012.

1. KJW979

KJW979 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Took me awhile to locate where they put it, as mentioned by meishkov above most of posts are regarding milestone. Looks like OG is going way as home landlines, a slow demise.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

2. alucardx

alucardx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The issue is, just like computers, the apps keep advancing and for better or for worse, are not developed for any one platform (like iphone) so there isn't too much thought put in to how much RAM and resources it will use. so as we keep updating apps or getting new ones on our same old D1 it runs worse and worse.

For example, I downloaded an old version of google Maps, v5.0 which runs a lot better than the newest version since it uses less ram and doesn't have the additional friendlocator service always running.

Another thing is that GB was never meant for our phones. I have a feeling that a well tweaked Froyo rom is going to run better than any of these new(er) GB roms. At some point I may flash/wipe and try PE4.5 or something similar. I really wanted to try Froyomod but it's only for milestone and hasn't been ported.

3. BrUhNiGGs

BrUhNiGGs Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I'm still just going to hold off on gingerbread with my OG for a few more weeks hopefully by April I can get a new phone whether its a Gnex or idk. Whenever the tax money comes in.

Sent from my CushZero using Tapatalk

4. meishkov

meishkov Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Good point, I guess since I've been running 2.3.7 and gingerbread in general since they've come out, so That could also be a huge factor in my OG performing splendid n then dropping back down to earth. Kinda like linsanity.

Sent from my OG using DroidForums

5. Durandgir

Durandgir Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's funny froyo has never ran that well for me, plus the whole text message glitches really bugged me on all the froyo versions, it's never been truly fixed, I might go back to UD or PE froyo versions and see if I can find a happy medium, or even old BB froyo. Froyo was always more stable atleast. GB did get fast for a while but it's been bogging down more, but I think the whole app argument is why. It makes sense, apps keep using more resources. Our poor D1's :( it's sad to see it finally coming to a close, it was such a good phone, and still is, if only it had more ram.

6. BrUhNiGGs

BrUhNiGGs Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I've already tried going back to froyo but I just don't like it. Gingerbread to me runs better and has more features. One that froyo doesn't is being able to select text and copy and paste.

Sent from my CushZero using Tapatalk

7. Durandgir

Durandgir Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I try to go back periodically and it never goes well, i'm always hoping it will go better. I miss the text selection, I can't stand the text messaging glitches, and froyo is so much slower for some odd reason, and none of the roms have the more useful features that GB ones do

Edit

Well I'm on froyo, so far not bad, but I chose UD. Its even more saddening cause now my dad has had a change of heart and might not even get a new phone. Also he is under the assumption 4G will cost him more 0.o

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  8. Thirtybird

Thirtybird New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, along with you four, I'm going to try keeping my OG for another 6 months - I was really on the fence before SD 10/Deprimed Kernel. The GNex would be the phone, but I'm not a fan of the PENtile screens. I've got my primary OG running SD 10 that I use all day every day, and my wife's old OG, which is running original factory stock that I use as a remote for my HTPC.

Still getting the job done :)

9. Daballa

Daballa Member

Ratings:
    +5
    You can add me to the mix. With all these phones coming out so quickly it's hard to choose. To be honest I probably will go with the phone that the dev community rallies behind. Probably the gnex but waiting on a price drop. On another note I really like SD10 but had to go back to CushZero due to the lag. Patiently waiting on a new release.

Sent from my O.G. DROiD

10. KJW979

KJW979 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I'll be in this section of forum until into 2013, unless I decide to fix my daughters Fascinate. Only thing I see going for that is the 1gig of RAM, but not sure want to spend 100+ to replace digitizer. Waiting to see the SD10 update, currently on PE6. 5 as runs the best for me.

11. Durandgir

Durandgir Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm trying to squeeze some tolerable life out of my phone, GB is so slow these days. I will try the new SD but hopefully I will be on a Bionic soon. I'm currently re discovering all the old Froyo roms, I am now on PE hoping to get better battery life than UD gave me.

12. KJW979

KJW979 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    It's kinda funny that the few people left here are flashing back to some of the old ROMS(froyo) hoping for a little of that magic we had when we first got these OG's.

Search tags for this page
android ram tweak
android ram tweaks
how to make videos load faster on android
ram tweak android
ram tweaks android
ram tweaks for android
terminal emulator tweaks

tweak ram android

tweak ram android xda
tweak ram xda