[RAM Tweak] ~ Free Up More RAM, Make Apps Load Faster ~

Discussion in 'Steel Droid' started by BrUhNiGGs, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Durandgir

Durandgir Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well to answer your question Scimino the Bionic has a locked bootloader which means there is almost no development I like roms. It's why I fell in love with android. I played with the bionic today it just wasn't for me motoblur is ugly, the rezound was really laggy. The Nexus was perfect, smooth, not hard on my eyes. Plus an unlockable bootloader which means roms galore and all my favorite devs are on the Nexus. I could not see a future without Liquid, PE, Steel Droid, Cush, Peter Alfonso, Possibly Chevyno1. All the names that have made my OG an enjoyable piece of technology. I'm not saying the Bionic is a bad phone, it just wasn't for me.

2. Scimino

Scimino Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I respect that. I know a little bit about flashing roms and rooting phones. My question is does a unlocked bootloader and safe strap or boot strap do the same. I am only trying to learn more about it. I mean there are a few roms for the bionic but the only stable ones are not ics. Does a unlocked bootloader do away with these dual booting programs. This may be another noob question but what exactly is motoblur? Is it part of the firmware?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

3. Durandgir

Durandgir Member

Ratings:
    +0
    With an unlocked bootloader you do not need safestrap or bootstrap. You wipe the OS on your phone and replace it with a custom ROM. I do not understand how the Moto phones with locked bootloaders work. I know that the bootloader communicates with the OS and lets it boot. only a signed os will boot on a phone with a locked bootloader. so it has to be official signed firmware. but on a phone with an unlocked bootloader you can use an OS not signed by moto. it also does not allow custom kernals, that is why ICS is not stable, the kernal is not allowing things like HW acceleration to work. Until there is an official build they will never have that if I understand it correctly. Motoblur is simply the skin Moto puts on top of the stock android. it's a manufacture UI it's like how HTC has sense. Motoblur is more tolerable than the latest sense but I do not like the icon shapes. they are too blocky for me. Don't get me wrong the Bionic is a good phone, it meets your needs and that's what counts. I'm extremely used to an unlocked bootloader and enjoy "vanilla" android.

4. meishkov

meishkov Member

Ratings:
    +2
    If I remember correctly that Verizon news notice that was posted a couple weeks ago said that the bionic is officially getting ICS. It does seem like a forgotten phone, someone at my work has one and I messed around with it when they first came out. Was thinking of getting one back then when they came out, the performance seemed sufficient enough, tho it did feel kinda plasticky to me, like its cheap quality or somethin. I guess just wrap it in a case n problem solved. Probably the most affordable phone that's getting ICS these days. I'm just gonna rock it out with the OG til a sick quad core comes out, so I won't have to update that for another 3-5 years. That SG3 pic made it look pretty sick, if that's indeed what it'll look like, but it'd be tough to abandon from a Moto phone, so rough n rugged this OG is, been to hell n back n its still ticking stronger than ever. Hail!

Sent from my OG using DroidForums

#112 meishkov, Apr 5, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  5. Durandgir

Durandgir Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The OG is solid, though it doesn't do well against all drops. my screen stopped working but other than that my droids have been so unbreakable XD But i would love to stick it out with my the D1 but I can't stand lag, and the fact that I can't stand no roms at all lol. Yes the Bionic is supposed to get ICS though, so is the rezound which is even cheaper right now. but I played with that in the store and it was lagtastic for being dual core. I mean the Bionic was smoother than the RAZR the RAZR is a joke though the verizon guy pushed that and the iPhone on me.

6. Scimino

Scimino Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I do agree that the bionic could be built stronger. I think when i am up for a new phone i may switch it up. Maybe a samsung. Its funny if u compare a moto phone with intel and a htc or a samsung with AMD. The moto phones are more expensive while the others are cheaper have have better cpu's

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

7. Durandgir

Durandgir Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There processors in moto phones are no slouch. The ti omap has been overclocked far higher then it was intended to be

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

8. metalspring

metalspring Silver Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Yeah like 600 MHz being overclocked to 1300 MHz lol

9. metalspring

metalspring Silver Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Where did you get the aokp and which beats zip did you use? Btw aokp is basically stock themed isn't it?

10. Durandgir

Durandgir Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Exactly my point lol

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

11. BrUhNiGGs

BrUhNiGGs Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Yeah AOKP is stock ICS-looked with tons of features located in "Rom Control"
    You can find AOKP Toro rom at RootzWiki. Forums>Team Forums>AOKP

And also the beats audio zip is located in the Liquid section at rootzwiki

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

12. Durandgir

Durandgir Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So Bruhniggs what roms have you ran so far? I might be getting it as an early early graduation present as in next week DancingNexus

Search tags for this page
android ram tweaks
how to make videos load faster on android
ram tweak android
ram tweak xda
ram tweaks android
ram tweaks for android
terminal emulator tweaks

tweak ram android

tweak ram android xda
tweak ram xda