Ram question

reynoldsr586

Reaction score
Website
plus.google.com
I know our phones have 3 gigs of ram. I was having an issue with my call volume being low on my wife's side and in the process of trying to get that fixed the tech said that I only have about 25% of my ram available. This phone is only two days old because I had to get a second turbo due to battery issues on the first one. After that call I was using an app and all the sudden my phone went black and then restarted. What's taking my ram I don't have lots of pics or music or tons of apps. I just don't know what to do I like this phone but if I keep having issues I may have to switch.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Please do this for me. Go to settings (either from the app tray or by pulling down the status bar and selecting the settings icon at the top right, then select "settings"). Then scroll down to and select "Apps". Then swipe the screen one to the left until you see the tab at the top that says " running". Then please take and post a screen shot like the one below.

2e4564764129086ade5ab8bd57b44966.jpg

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
OK, so at the bottom you see you still have about 1.5GB free. That's almost exactly half of the RAM.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Android does an amazing job at allocating ram on today's flagship models. So even if it was only at 25%, your device should be performing just fine at that percentage.

S5 tap'n

1coopgt

Reaction score
Android does an amazing job at allocating ram on today's flagship models. So even if it was only at 25%, your device should be performing just fine at that percentage.

S5 tap'n

+1

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Android intentionally fills RAM so apps start up faster. It also, unlike ios, does a good job of dumping idle apps in RAM when it needs more.
In time you'll notice what is using RAM when idle will change based on your user habits bit it'll still keep a bunch filled.
Evidently the rep at Verizon didn't know how Android works

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The only thing I can add to that is... If you start seeing unusually high usage of ram.. Reboot...

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Agree with both mountainbikermark and 94lt1.