RaidzeroCvpcs Recovery?

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Well, I have been checking out the new RZRecovery by raid zero, which is a modified SPRecovery. Rumor has it he's been getting a little help from cvpcs and there's another rumor that cvpcs is working on one that will be based off CWRecovery.

Just checking in to see if there's any news on this one here.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
RZ has talked pretty openly in his thread about working with cvpcs to mod CWM. Since RZR 0.1.8 just released, I would imagine RCR will be coming.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure its meant to compete with CWMR3.

OP
teddyearp

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Rumor has it he's been getting a little help from cvpcs<snip>

RZ has talked pretty openly in his thread about working with cvpcs to mod CWM. Since RZR 0.1.8 just released, I would imagine RCR will be coming.

Yes, I put it wrong to say "rumor has it". RaidZero has talked very openly about working with cvpcs, however the way I read it, it was from cvpcs to help RaidZero mod SPR. RaidZero has never said he was going to mod CWRecovery, so I am trying to see the other side, if cvpcs has come along to apply the collaboration to a mod of CWRecovery.

Pretty sure its meant to compete with CWMR3.
CWRecovery 3 is (AFAIK) not a 'real' version of CWR. But it is hard to say, since the official clockworkmod site is all wonky of late; actually now it just redirects to koush's site . . . . I still would only trust the version of CWR in rom manager, especially judging from all the problems I've read about with "CWR3".

52brandon

Reaction score
I assumed RCR would be closer to RZR than CWM. RZR is great recovery, as groundbreaking as CWM was when it first came to us. I'm freaking stoked that cvpcs will be getting in on it now too. Recovery is the most important part of modding your droid and more options in recovery should pan out to more options with ROMs

OP
teddyearp

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
I guess my statement that CWR3 isn't 'real' is just my opinion, since rom manager was designed to work with CWR, my opinion tells me that CWR3 would be part of rom manager and flashable through rom manager. It isn't.

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
what do you mean cwm3 isn't "real"?

Isn't released (finalized)..not by koush as of yet.

CWR3 is actually a downgrade, it removes the previous scripting language in favor of edify only...less functionality.

litso

Reaction score
The thing about a recovery is that, while features are dandy, it has to work at the most basic level and be perfectly stable even when your phone is little more than a slab of silicone and plastic. So I'm not sure about calling CWR3 a downgrade just yet.

OP
teddyearp

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
So, I guess my answer is that nobody knows anymore about the RCRecovery than I do . . . . no thread about its developement, no progress report, no posting at the ccroms site, etc.?

raidzero

n00b.
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Heres what's up:
I sent cvpcs my code for rzr 0.1.3 he ported it from eaclair base to froyo. He also ditched the old nandroid in favor of his own interpretation. It can backup in yaffs2 image format (clockwork), tar (spr/rzr), tar+lzo tgz, tar.lzma, raw image formats. it also has his own file browser and has code to allow it to run on many devices. The kicker is that since cvpcs took out the stock nandroid, it does not support ROM.tar formats ... I think I am the only one with a rom in this format anyway these days. Also the battery may or may not charge on devices other than Droid 1.

So we are waiting for cvpcs to add tgz support back in and I will handle the battery charging (kernel & Modding his ramdisk to support it)

That is everything there is to know about it :)
At this point RZR has everything except for the fancy nandroid formats and multiple device support.
Cvpcs has assisted me with RZR too, while he has written only about 4 lines of code for it, he has totally helped me in the right direction for most of the things I have done.
Cvpcs is an invaluable resource to the Droid community.

raidzero

n00b.
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It probably goes withoit saying that without cvpcs, RZR would not be what it is today.

OP
teddyearp

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Thank you very much for the update raidzero. So I guess my next question is, is there anywhere I can get a copy of it to try out myself yet?

Thanks.

raidzero

n00b.
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the update raidzero. So I guess my next question is, is there anywhere I can get a copy of it to try out myself yet?

Thanks.

no, I would have to sync with cvpcs entire repo in order to build it, I was waiting for cvpcs to finish it and then start my part.. I didnt keep cvpcs tree and mine since I have a virtual machine and that would mean it would increse in size by like 10 gb...

OP
teddyearp

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Ah, gotcha. Thanks again, I'll be a waiting . . . . funny how much space the source takes to make a ~80meg rom . . . . I know, I've tried several times myself and finally gave up, the android gods must not have wanted me.