radio update

stiver

Reaction score
I have a rooted incredible with 2.5 skyraider vanilla. I cannot update the radio through rom manager. It aborts everytime I try. dont know what to do.. my gps doesnt work because I cant upgrade. any ideas.

terra-

Reaction score
Not sure if this helps but make sure your card is formatted to FAT32. However, i've only flashed the radio from the bootloader directly.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Srkx Mokwi

Reaction score
NEED PRO HELP! Big Problem Changing to Radio 2.05

I am rooted on my HTC Incredible and I'm trying upgrade the Radio to 2.05 I added the PB31IMG.zip to the root of my SD card and powered down and powered up the Bootloader (Power & Vol -). The Thread i'm following said it should start to run automatically but when it powered up nothing happened... I then tried to "install .zip from SD Card" but it's couldn't it told me the file was bad so install was aborted ..... Can someone Please Help Me!!! Thanks!!!

~Srkx~
:greendroid:Overclocked to 1.2 GHZ - LowV:greendroid:

Srkx Mokwi

Reaction score
Not sure if this helps but make sure your card is formatted to FAT32. However, i've only flashed the radio from the bootloader directly.

I'm having the same problem i added the PB31IMG.zip to the root of my sd card but when i reboot in to the bootloader it does nothing.... i'm really lost!!!

~Srkx~

terra-

Reaction score
Have you confirmed that your external sd card is formatted to FAT32? Are you placing the zip on the internal or external?

Srkx Mokwi

Reaction score
Have you confirmed that your external sd card is formatted to FAT32? Are you placing the zip on the internal or external?

okay formatted to FAT32 not sure what that is... or how to...

and I placed the zip on external storage cause thats the sd card.

~Srkx~

terra-

Reaction score
Ok. I bet that's your problem. HROOT doesn't seem to recognize the zips when its not formatted right.When you mount the external SD to your computer via USB. Right click on that particular drive (D: or E: for example) then there will be a Format option. Make sure to select FAT32, then hit start.

NOTE this will wipe all data on card so make sure and backup what you want first!!

Srkx Mokwi

Reaction score
Ok. I bet that's your problem. HROOT doesn't seem to recognize the zips when its not formatted right.When you mount the external SD to your computer via USB. Right click on that particular drive (D: or E: for example) then there will be a Format option. Make sure to select FAT32, then hit start.

NOTE this will wipe all data on card so make sure and backup what you want first!!

okay that may be the problem.... i did back up everything on my card on my computer before I do any hacking.... once I format it will I then be able to add everything back on the card and if so will i need to re-format it again??

Srkx

terra-

Reaction score
Yeah just paste your files back on the card after formatting. No need to format again.

terra-

Reaction score
If that ends up working for you. I recommend reactivating after the radio update by dialing *228 & *22899. I experienced some network issues after updating a friends incredible, reactivating resolved such issues. Moto Droid makes you reactivate but the incredible doesn't for some reason....

Srkx Mokwi

Reaction score
I just wanted to thank everyone who came to my aid, and answered my questions!! Got the radio upgrade done everything is working great!!! Thankyou sooo Much!!!

~Srkx~
:greendroid:ROM: Sky Raider 2.5.2 Sense Froyo (2.2):greendroid:
:greendroid:Theme: BlueRaider Version 2 - Detox Mix!:greendroid:
:greendroid:Overclocked to 1.2 GHZ - UltraLowV:greendroid:
:greendroid: www.twitter.com - @SrkxMokwi:greendroid: